Model Cars Magazine Forum

McDonald's Drive-in Diorama

Barbo

Hi..dptydawg..........Yes , the diorama is scratch build . As always , foam board and matboard . The menue are photos taken from a real Mc Donald's here in Puerto Rico , the figures inside and the one in the car are 1/24 scale from Preiser , the employer is from Tamiya , the Mcdonald's sign on the wall is a christmas tree light-up ornament, the McDonald's symbol on the roof is from a Matchbox toy , the letters on the roof are from Office Max 1'' and the shingles are plastic from Plastruct , all the rest is balsa. Glad you like it ..............Barbo.

Hi..Diesel Donky.. and thanks for your comments , but your Big Mac will cost you a bit more than usual , you will have to come to Puerto Rico,,ja,ja,ja,ja,.............Barbo

Hey Miguel, dont tempt me man, we've got trashy weather here in the UK at the moment, I could do with a little sun. Trouble is I'd have to bring the Wife, kids, Mother-in-law aaaaaah, "not the Mother-in-law", I can hear you screaming from here.

Stay safe friend, &, injoy the lovly sunshine.

Miguel - great work on that Mickey D's.

How did you do the emblems, the stylized M's/Golden Arches? Sheet styrene suitably shaped?

Man, you got me thinking of doing a BK companion diorama! Looks like I better lay in a good stock of foam board and sheet styrene!

Thanks, my friend.

Hi..Larryagree...The emblems are from McDonald's toys , the arches are from a McDonald's Matchbox , the symbol on the wall is a Christmas tree ornament and the white letters on the roof are from Office Max....glad you like the diorama.