Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weathering

Hi Everyone, Just a quick question........Looking at some of the pictures here, I can see some of you have truly mastered weathering. I would Love to learn to do that!! I have done a few searches, and found a bunch of different books on the subject. My question is, Which books would be most helpful and which ones should I avoid? Any help here would be Great!! :D

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Guest zebm1

Hey Rick, check with FineScale Modeling always has weathering articles and yu can purchase back issues and special issues online at <Kalmbach.com>. In this magazine yu'll find articles written by sum of tha denizens that hang out in here. :roll:

All I can say is Ken Hamilton, Ken Hamilton, Ken Hamilton!!!! He is in my opinion one of the best when it comes to weathering!! If you see an article with his name, it is worth its weight in gold when it comes to techniques!!! There is a product out there called Rustall. www.rustall.com This stuff works great if you are looking for that rusty look!!! Check around and see if you have a railroad hobby store near you. They usually have the paints and supplies for weathering!! I have learned alot from Ken over the years, but I have also done alot of experimenting on my own!!! I will usually study pics. of weathered cars to see where they rust, etc. Heres a good site to see alot of rotting musclecars www.carsinbarns.com I hope this helps!!!! KT

Thank you for your replies, I'll look into those idea's very soon. Those are some great models guys, I grew up in the middle of the rust belt, and have seen many, many cars that looked just like that Bonneville!! (I've even owned a few :lol: ) You nailed the look perfectly!!

Thanks Again,

Rick

Thank you for your replies, I'll look into those idea's very soon. Those are some great models guys, I grew up in the middle of the rust belt, and have seen many, many cars that looked just like that Bonneville!! (I've even owned a few :lol: ) You nailed the look perfectly!!

Thanks Again,

Rick

Thanks for the compliment Rick!! It was an "Inspired" build!!!! :lol: