Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mr Watson Sir??

in issue # 109 of the magazine your sketchpad centerfold shows a green 53-55 corvette with a nice looking hardtop ....i was wondering if you had a certain donor in mind when you drew that or did it just pop into your head?

reason im asking is because im thinking seriously of building that car if i can figure out what to use as a donor

Keith

I have very little in mind when I do any drawing... as it might skew the result.

But, any of the drawings that I do are usually a combination of creativity and the desire to keep eating....

The drawing done for that issue is a piece that was destine for the 2005 Calendar. Golden Bell Press pulled the plug on that project so the drawing sat in my 'puter until I used it to fill a hole in the "Sketchpad" line up.

The car is the Corvair show car, first use of the Corvair name incidentally, with different wheels as if produced and hot rodded.

http://www.corvaircorsa.com/54Corvair.html

The fastback roof was unique to the Corvair and does not exist in the model car world in any kit form. There may be a resin manufacturer that used to produce one but I couldn't find it. Maybe someone will be able to post an image or link?

At any rate, use the link provided to make your own.

:D