Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Chevy Stepside farm truck (EDITED)

My next model will be the Revell 1965 chevy stepside. I want to do a split bumper setup for the front. Can someone quickly photoshop an image and post it because I don't know how good it would look?

EDIT: I decided not to do the split bumper but I want this to be something that a teen would use on a farm and then go and hang out with his friends. I will delete the turn signals and make a guard for the rear window. Help me think of some other body mods, please.

EDIT AGAIN: I will also have the headers comming out of the to of the front fenders. Stock wheels will be used.

Edited by vintagestang

Best I could do in a few minutes. I slid the bumper back closer to the body prior to splitting it. I used the lower part of the front of the hood, (the part with open vents) to create a front valance to go behind the bumper - would require a second hood. Anyhow, hope it helps.

65Truck.jpg

Best I could do in a few minutes. I slid the bumper back closer to the body prior to splitting it. I used the lower part of the front of the hood, (the part with open vents) to create a front valance to go behind the bumper - would require a second hood. Anyhow, hope it helps.

65Truck.jpg

OK lets go with this photo because it looks cool the way it is.

Now if you want to add your grille to this one,add it from the back side where the holes in the center of the bumper is.

That would be the only way to make it look more detailed.

The design looks good enough to me for what you wanted.