Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 60' corvette..Paint! 10/9/13

BKcustoms

Thanks guys for the feedback, I appreciate it! Bill, I didn't know the theme was Vettes. I guess I HAVE to have it done in time now!

Well I finally got my camera working properly and I sprayed a coat of primer on the body.

100953075_zps4d315050.jpg

I also molded in some aluminum exhaust tips since the back end looked a little plain.

100953083_zps78594fe4.jpg

I'm considering making a procharger still but here's where I'm at with the engine.

100953090_zpsa2fefcbb.jpg

100953091_zpsf8c7bc70.jpg

100953088_zps514d9c17.jpg

I just thought this was a cool pic.

100953096_zps0c152549.jpg

Thanks for looking! Billy

Gorgeous design! I love the way you made everything seem to belong together. (Except those mirrors, imho). That aside, gorgeous!

Glad you dropped the Lambo doors, these look more authentic.

Really cool sitting it on a C6 chassis with an LS engine.

Great building so far Billy, can't wait to see more. Awesome!

Edited by Ford guy

Thanks José and Roy! I had the same thought about the mirrors, I'm cutting them down right now.

I managed to get most of the motor put together and I started on a custom serpentine setup for the engine accessories.

101_3135_zps381ce18f.jpg

101_3139_zps658b22c6.jpg

101_3136_zps6e7b3a7c.jpg

I'm sending the valve covers to VCG Resins to be cast and they will be available to go with the LS7 kit.

Thanks for stopping in and please let me know what you think! Billy

Thank you everyone! I've finally made some progress worth sharing. First I decided to build the door jambs and hinge the doors. I was originally going to get a set of scissor door hinges but they are not currently available so I stuck with stock ones.

CAM00260_zpsf2a53ca5.jpg

As always I'm open to criticism and suggestions. Billy

This thing is so cool that I can't even say what I want to on here. It's bad to the bone. One thing I might suggest if you aren't final on the doors. If you truely want Lambos and can't order hinges, maybe you could make a Revell "Uptown" set work. I'm sure plenty of members have those left over from converting to stock. Myself, I do think your stock configuration or suicide doors would both look great.

• 4 weeks later...

Youve done a very nice job of merging these disparate designs into a well integrated whole. Your design skills are commendable. If I may make a suggestion, though; the sail panel area looks a little blank. Perhaps a Corvette badge or a fuel filler would break it up a little.