Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where to find 01 / 02 Subaru WRX GOLD decals?

Hi everyone,

My current project is a 2001 Subaru Impreza WRC kit done by Tamiya. The kit comes with the body and trim all premolded in a blue color. I opted to change it to black as a gift for my brother (he used to own one).

I've been able to find some P/E part kits (roll cage detail, wipers and harnesses which I can paint gold), but I am having difficulty finding gold decals for it. Is there a good resource for decals online somewhere that may have something for Subaru? Or perhaps gold decals for rally type cars? I really think the gold and black would stand out! Any help would be really appreciated!!

schwack

Hi everyone,

My current project is a 2001 Subaru Impreza WRC kit done by Tamiya. The kit comes with the body and trim all premolded in a blue color. I opted to change it to black as a gift for my brother (he used to own one).

I've been able to find some P/E part kits (roll cage detail, wipers and harnesses which I can paint gold), but I am having difficulty finding gold decals for it. Is there a good resource for decals online somewhere that may have something for Subaru? Or perhaps gold decals for rally type cars? I really think the gold and black would stand out! Any help would be really appreciated!!

schwack

Easiest solution to that problem would be to use the kit's decal sheet as a guide, re-create the decals that need to be gold, and print them in metallic gold on an Alps printer. I could help you with that if you like. Just PM me.