Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '66 Chevelle Wagon

fatkidd

This one was built as practice for some masking work.

added: Fatkidd 2nd generation distributor, carb linkage, throttle cable

altered kit exhaust to dumps just out of the muffler.

interior was painted 2 tone grey

body was painted using H.O.K. (Orion Silver, Black, Limetime Pearl, Kandy Tangerine, Oriental Blue Kandy, Spnish Gold Kandy)

IMG_6373.jpg

IMG_6406.jpg

IMG_6411.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. And blackout racing, I wish it ran.

Cool paint work.

Just a quick question as ive only just started using H.O.K paints,did you use intercoat clear in between tape offs ?.

yes i do. for this project I shot the entire car with orion silver, followed by a coat of sg100 (intercoat clear) where i was putting tape (i had a basic idea how i wanted the stripes to flow) and commenced to lay out the tape, did the black "dashes" and the blue kandy, backmasked the now blue stripe ( i didn't use sg100 at this point because the Kandies that I use are KAndy Koncentrates mixed with SG100 (i mix it myself), sprayed kandy tangerine, backmasked those stripes and sprayed spanish gold over the upper portion of the car, removed tape and sprayed sg100 over those areas to help alleviate edges, cleared the entire body, wetsanded with 2000, sprayed the roof black and recleared. The only part of this car that was polished was the roof.

I hope that helps...i tend to get "long winded" sometimes

That's the shiznit! Really groovy paint. The masking for this must've been trying. Great job, gotta love that dizzy too! l can't wait!

Thanks, Bart. I'm surprised that your distributor hasn't shown up yet.

Cool looking paint ! All that masking sure paid off with a great looking paint job .

I love wagons and will be looking for yours next weekend !

Thanks. I've become more of a wagon guy in the last few years...its a shame that they are pretty much a thing of the past.

Sweet paint job you got it down for sure.

Thanks, kind sir