Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 356a 1500gs Carrera Speedster-Engine Detailing!

simonr

The remarkable Porsche 356 Fujimi engine, one of the best ever produced in plastic, allows plenty of room to make some improvements. The only sad notice is that most of this extra parts added won't be noticed when the model is completed. Let's see what happened....

I started adding the 3 wires for the alternator into one bigger engine wrap.

CSC_1169.jpg

CSC_1250.jpg

Here it can be seen the voltage regulator with it's computer generated decal, and the Mr. Model coil, also with a Bosh comp. genr. decal. Both coil and regulator were detailed with photoetch bolts from Model Car Garage.

CSC_1244.jpg

DSC_1217.jpg

DSC_1210.jpg

DSC_1213.jpg

It's almost a joke to me that, after so much hours just on this area, everything looks so easy.

Thanks for watching!

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Yes, Ariel, you're completly right!...the only thing it's that now I have to deal with linkage spring that gave me so much trouble to place, but, things has to be done right. So, I'm figuring out how to make this without damage the part. Thanks a lot for the observation!

Cuidate pana!

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Nice work so far. One thing that I see in every Photo you may have fixed it by now is the left front velocity stack

is not on straight. Keep up the good work.

Edited by simonr