Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 67 Corvette Coupe 427

CrazyGirl

ok finally something on the bench , on the dash I am removing all the molded gauges and switches and using wire and aluminum , ( lathe next week ) oh except for the radio on the passenger side I have the trim molding done and the ring made , need to make the center out of brass and alclad that or BMF , not sure yet and epoxy that to the ring , now I think I have a cool way to glue this stuff in place and if it works I'll tell how I did it , honest comments welcome , no sugar coating please , now to remove the gauges and switches008-2_zps9c83160f.jpg

I hope paint shows up today , I am at a standstill but I made the insert for the dash from .010 styrene and BMF the way I am going to attach the wire to the styrene will pull it tighter and bring the wire joint tight also006-15_zps1dc31080.jpg and look a lot neater than the pic , and I hope that the photo-etch kit has the Corvette emblem I removed from the dash , if not oh well , oh and I need a better camera too , uggggggggg

Edited by CrazyGirl

yesterday I was at the hairdresser , ok so I have a few gray hairs , anyway while I was there I saw this tape they use on hair pieces , a double sided tape and it's mega thin and extra mega sticky and I thought , this is perfect for attaching the guitar string trim and sure enough , it's perfect 009-2_zps2a8f1fc3.jpg

this is as bad as picking out wallpaper for the house ,, did a test on some spare parts I think the seat on the left is close to the color I want but maybe a touch more gloss ,,, but I don't want the entire interior the same shade , dash a touch more gloss , seat and door panels less gloss , carpet a lot les gloss , anyway I am stuck again until more paint gets here seat on the right is model master rot semi gloss ,, left seat is a mix of the semi and flat red...007-6_zpse332f7fd.jpg Actually the left seat is close to perfect 006-15_zpsae7cc784.jpg

Edited by CrazyGirl

Here are a couple more shots of the '67 Corvette Red interior.

1967-corvette-stingray-convertible-025.j

corp_1010_08_o+1967_chevy_corvette_sting

I plan on doing another '67 Corvette in the future (my third), this one in White with a red stinger, White Hardtop, and Red Interior. This one is going to be a replica of Ms. Mitchell (wife of GM VP William Mitchell)

CA0809-82431_1.jpg?lastmod=072109120611

Very cool work. Looks like a lot of different tones of red on the 1:1 photos. I'm sure you will figure it out. You are taking on way more than I would for a first build, props to you for diving in. Hope to see more progress, looks like it will be an awesome build.

first time with the airbrush , I have no clue to what I was doing so I figured , wing it , I am 90% happy with it , Model Master Italian Red , I bought a donor kit to be safe , so far the kits intact , the 10% I am not happy with it when I removed the gauges and switches and stuff I also removed the texture of the black vinyl ,, but what amazes me about the airbrush is how little paint it takes to get good coverage and have it so thin002_zps3a7fa099.jpg003_zps0f204094.jpg