Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Shelby GT350

BluePopsicle

Don't let the paint get you down. I've done several beautiful paint jobs in a row just to totally blow the next one. It happens. I use Rustoleum spray cans for paint, primer and clear. I don't sand my clear though just polish it with Meguires. I've found that with paint its better to shoot a light "mist" coat followed quickly by a light coverage coat. I'll follow that up with a couple addition light coats allowing the previous coat to just set up for a few minutes. After paint I don't touch it again for a few weeks before clearing it and then it sits again before polishing. Seems to work for me but again, stuff happens.

Edited by jcbigpaw

Thanks Colin, I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I drink so much coffee that I get the shakes sometimes.

I appreciate the kind words Joe. I try not to let it get to me. Just gets frustrating. Luckily, I'm using nail polish for body paint, so it's a little forgiving.

I'll be tackling the engine, exhaust and body paint this weekend. More pics to come.

Edited by BluePopsicle

Wow, that blue is just beautiful. I wish I had an airbrush so I could play with some wild colors, lol. In due time. The engine looks awesome too. What color did you use for the silver? Looks very realistic.

I would leave it just blue. That color is just awesome, stripes would ruin it imo.

Edited by ll Brandon ll

Ok, the update on this is....there isn't one. Since I do all my airbrushing outside; my work is very dependent on the weather. Today it's quite windy and we're expecting thunderstorms later this afternoon. My goal though (weather permitting) is to paint the stripes and add some ghost flames behind the front wheel wells.

Edited by BluePopsicle