Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL East April 18, 2015

Tom Geiger

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kris- Glad you got a room, last I knew we were close to selling out! We will be doing the wooden nickel again since it was a big hit with both the vendors and show attendees! This year they will be RED and will have a unique design. Last years are now void so don't accept the BLUE ones. They all have year imprints.

As far as shirts, Al is handling the printing and that's underway. We'll have to see if we have a club member who will take on selling shirts at the hotel.

Cant wait! Got our room ready for another great show and now need to get building!!! For you people that have not attended this show it is a must tom and the club put on a hell of a show so don't dilly dally around get a room jump in the car and get to the show lots to see buy and great people to meet and learn things from!

• 5 weeks later...

Things are coming along well at this point!

Vendor list is on-line, we have several new aftermarket companies this year... coming from as far away as California and England. And not on the list yet, we just picked them up last evening is Scale Concepts from Michigan.

Hotels -- we sold out our host Ramada Inn a while back, so we signed an agreement with the La Quinta that is very close by. Go to the hotels page on the website for details and rate.

Shirts -- Our shirt this year is just sooooo cool! The George Trosley drawn gasser hearse looks great on the shirt. And guys have asked us for black shirts in the past so we're doing that this year!

And this year we have a neat NNL theme gift for everyone!

I have 3 vehicles ready for the show, in various classes. Thursday dinner will probably be with the Maritimers, provided they can get through the snow by then. I have dinner planned for Friday with some friends I only see once or twice a year, followed by a small gathering at the Ramada. Saturday I have a few parts to pick up and then look at one or two (thousand) models. And to finish the weekend, I have a drag racing show in Hamilton, Ontario, starting at 9AM Sunday, if I am not too tired to drive back 450 miles at Midnight. Oh, Monday I have a trade show...maybe I can sleep in Tuesday :)

I noticed Replicas and Miniatures are not on the vendor list this year. Bummer. :( Look forward to the rest of them though. :D

You are correct, Norm said he is concentrating on turn around on his current orders and wouldn't have the time to produce enough product for the show. That's commendable and shows his attention to his customers. We are always happy when he does come to the show!

We do have several new after market vendors this year.. There's Caleb's Custom Cases, they do display cases and truck aftermarket. C1 Models from Manchester, England is coming, their website is listed on our website. JDH Racing which does 1/25 scale slot cars, is coming from California and we just got Scale Concepts from Michigan signed up last night.

So the show does go on!

Edited by Tom Geiger

• 2 weeks later...

I think its awesome that Chris from C1 models is making the trip over the pond to come to NNL, I hope it goes well for him, he said that he would like to do more shows here in the USA, so make him feel welcome, his stuff is very good , I have a friend picking up a couple of things for me at the show :D