Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are my choices for a good Model A pick up Truck?

Joe, in 1-25th scale , the A M T actually former M P C 1929 Ford Model A Roadster P U is hard to beat .

The Revell 1930 Roadster cab/ Enclosed cab has a way more delicate suspension system. I did one as a light duty wrecker by combining pieces from A M T's 1929 roadster with the revel kit to gain a stocker .

post-3159-0-31424100-1380040191_thumb.jp

Joe, in 1-25th scale , the A M T actually former M P C 1929 Ford Model A Roadster P U is hard to beat .

The Revell 1930 Roadster cab/ Enclosed cab has a way more delicate suspension system. I did one as a light duty wrecker by combining pieces from A M T's 1929 roadster with the revel kit to gain a stocker .

Fantastic Dio. thanks for the tip.

joe.

The Revell '29 pickup is the finest Model A pickup that can be bought in 1/25 scale.

Unfortunately, a proper '30-'31 cab pickup has not been done in 1/25.

1929FordPickup3n1GoodguysModelKit.jpg

It's out again under in the "Car Show" series in a Monogram box:

revell-1929-ford-rat-rod-3-n-1.jpg

It has a delicate suspension system because it is ACCURATE and true to scale.

You must remember that Model A pickups were manufactured on the passenger car chassis.

Only Model AA trucks (1-1/2 ton and 2-1/2 ton) were any beefier than the passenger cars, and they had totally different frames, suspensions, wheels, tires, axles, brakes, and transmissions. The engine, cab, hood, radiator (but not radiator shell), headlamps, headlight bar, and front fenders were the only components common/interchangeable between the Model A passenger cars/pickups and the Model AA trucks.