Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beemax Models Chevy Cruze WTCC

Wow, I'm getting one or two of these. Ray Mallock's race workshops are about 20 miles from me in Northamptonshire were they have built, tested and perfected the Cruze for racing and Robb Huff, an aquantance is an ex-WTCC World Champion in these cars. (the closest car in the picture above)

A superb race car for the World stage and a superb looking kit with plenty of racing detail.

• 4 weeks later...

If it can be built as a U.S.-spec consumer car, (or can be with little headache,) I'm in.

Charlie Larkin

I'm with Charlie on this one. I'd love to more kits of modern, ordinary cars, like the Chevy Cruze offered in model form. And like Charlie, the more I look at this kit. The more likely I'll be passing on it.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Wonder what ignition key system it has?

Never seen one of them running pass my house.

of course I came home one day to find one of the first runs had run into the ditch in front of my house. I had the first wreck debris from a Cruze

greg

2 country blocks from Cruze control- Lordstown, OH

• 3 weeks later...

My mom bought a new black turbo cruze, its been in shop more for recalls then she drove it, her tranny is having problems now, car must have been built on Friday or Monday, lol, but they are nice looking cars.

• 3 months later...

As per Beemax's Facebook page:

1/24 CHEVROLET CRUZE WTCC - JUNE 2014

1/24 1991 ST165 RALLY MONTE CARLO - AUGUST 2014

1/20 McLaren MP4 /2 - DECEMBER 2014

The Cruze is nice, but I'm far more interested in that Celica Rally car.

Nice to see new faces and new ideas being added to the model making side of things.

The Cruze is nice, but I'm far more interested in that Celica Rally car.

Nice to see new faces and new ideas being added to the model making side of things.

The Celica GT-4 Rally car is slated to come out this month - OFFICIALLY - unlike the ever shifting sands of release time on this Cruze. The kit itself is pretty much the same as the existing Celica Rally car that BeeMax/Aoshima did last year as the Australian Rally Spec, but instead it will be modified to reflect the Monte Carlo Rally which required a new tarmac suspension (as opposed to a more "off road" gravel setup in the first kit) as well as a night lighting package for the front.

BeeMax has said this is a Trilogy of Celicas, so it remains to be seen what their 3rd and final variant will be in 2015.

The Celica GT-4 Rally car is slated to come out this month - OFFICIALLY - unlike the ever shifting sands of release time on this Cruze. The kit itself is pretty much the same as the existing Celica Rally car that BeeMax/Aoshima did last year as the Australian Rally Spec, but instead it will be modified to reflect the Monte Carlo Rally which required a new tarmac suspension (as opposed to a more "off road" gravel setup in the first kit) as well as a night lighting package for the front.

BeeMax has said this is a Trilogy of Celicas, so it remains to be seen what their 3rd and final variant will be in 2015.

Guess I missed the earlier Celica kit. I don't see Aoshima kits much, guess I need to start paying more attention to HLJ.

• 4 months later...

Got some news on this kit , and that is, a release date, finally, now, this is coming from Team Hobby , they are saying June, anyways, about some pics

Up first, box art

11125263_903183103037172_204759668902717

Optional PE parts and CF template decals

11110207_903183263037156_358472258589390

AutoColor Decals, going say that these are not included with the kit.

11088401_903183193037163_969583143064973

10407667_903183219703827_217460678990888

Curious as to what decal will be included with the kit or if there will be three kits with different decals as the only difference.

I do wish it had full engine detail as well as more parts and less molded into place in the interior.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...