Model Cars Magazine Forum

'08 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Randy Kern

The AMT kit, built mostly OOB. Paint is Dupli-Color Orange Mist. A few added details are embossing powder for the carpet and on the rear shelf, shaving the antenna off the roof, and giving the wheels a shot of dullcote.

I cleaned up the grille and gave it a little more depth by cutting out an insert using the mesh material that comes with some Revell kits (such as the Audi R8).

Having a lot of black trim on this car, I still wanted the rocker panels a dark color. To help cut down the height of the sides, instead of black I used a dark charcoal color. This also helps tie them in with the dark gray hood decal.

I got this tip from fellow club member Dan Peterson, telling me he noticed that the black rocker panel look is usually after someone patches the rust on them. :rolleyes:

Not using the axles lowers it to a better stance, also. Thanks for looking!

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

Embossing powder and flocking are two different mediums. Jon, there was a thread on the forum a long time ago that was a good how-to on applying it, but I'm not sure how to find it. I use it instead of flocking because I find it's much easier to use, and I think it looks better. Any Michael's or A.C. Moore craft store would have it. Check out Marcos Cruz's current '71 Vega project, as he used it in his interior. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20646

Edited by Randy Kern