Model Cars Magazine Forum

How too?

Does anybody know if there is a program out there. That if you take a side of a drag car that you can remove the name and sponcers. Or a program that you can remove the car and leave the name and sponcers. There are couple cars I like to do but no one makes the decals for it so I like to try to do it myself hoping with some help with the great members here.

John Pol

It's hard to do as the cars don't have completely flat sides and the images are never taken at ana exact 90° angle. AND then there is a problem due to a aparalax of the camera's lens...

The best thing to do is get good reference shots of the car and design the decals yourself in a program like Corel Draw or anything similiar. Make sure you create vector drawings as this is cruicial for the resizing of the design to fit the model.

try photoshop

Any rastor programs like photoshop are not the best choice for decals . As Bastardo mentioned , you need vector drawings if you are going to do any sizing ,, unless you don't mind jagged and blurry images.

That means drawing the decals in a vector format.

with Illustrator , corel, or the freeware Inkscape.

this would allow you to draw the images at a large full page size , than shrink it to model size and still retain all the crisp detail

Edited by scalenut