Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Pro Mod Vette.......Updated 09/28/14

1320wayne

The vette, keeps looking better with each update... Like everyone said, that rear end housing and wheelie bar set up looks outstanding. It sure would have been nice to have that in some sort of kit form. But I don't think resin would have been the right medium, because it would have been extremely brittle for something that small in diameter.

The TEM rear-end/wheelie bars look great Wayne, as everything you & Chris were doing, glad to hear you might be getting TEM back up & running, I hope so, Chris had so many things planned for TEM & I was really sad to hear that it wouldn't be happening, now I have my hopes up again, it will really be nice to see some of that stuff out again. How's Chris doing by the way?

More progress. Starting to get some work done on the engine, bellhousing, 3-speed Lenco and rearend housing. All the while I am getting more work done on the chassis to the point that I should have an update on that one by tommorrow night.

DSC00429-vi.jpg

DSC00430-vi.jpg

DSC00431-vi.jpg

DSC00432-vi.jpg

DSC00433-vi.jpg

Slow and steady progress.

I decided to swap out the scoop that I'm going to use for one that I mastered for TEM. Most of the chassis is done. Added all of the main chassis bars along with the driver cage. And, I started adding some of the fine photo etch pieces from the Dirtmodelor set. The four link brackets are in along with the body braces at the front of the chassis and the top brackets for the spindle mounts.

Next up is the floorboards and the remaining chassis bars along with the rest of the photo etch brackets for the suspension.

DSC00437-vi.jpg

DSC00438-vi.jpg

DSC00439-vi.jpg

DSC00440-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Moving right along. I'm thinking that I almost have the chassis ready for paint. All of the nice Dirtmodelor photo-etch brackets are in place for the suspensions. I added rails for the seat and the floorboards are done. The rear differential is assembled and painted and ready for some added detail like brake lines. I went with resin brake rotors and calipers because once the tires and wheels are in place you won't see most of this part of the assembly.

DSC00499-vi.jpg

DSC00500-vi.jpg

DSC00501-vi.jpg

DSC00502-vi.jpg

DSC00504-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

Wayne, has that chassis looks nice. I really like how you have the floor pan under the drivers side. The rear end housing is coming along nicely, and I have to say the mounts scare me because the look extremely brittle!

By the way I received the package in the mail! Thanks for the items. :)