Model Cars Magazine Forum

actually romell, there are 4-5 different ideas as to what define a bolt or screw. i shoould have said, i PREFER this definition.

In the United States, the Federal Cataloging System describes threaded fasteners 0.190 inch in diameter and larger as bolts, and everything smaller as screws (machine screws, not such screws as wood screws and self-tapping screws).

it is cut and dry. it is also the definition many bolt / screw manufacturers use in their manufacture and catalogs. the problem with the a fore mentioned definition is if i don't know the usage, do i have a bolt or a screw? the other problem is,.....doesn't a nut have a threaded hole? i guess a head bolt is incorrect since, it goes into a cyl. block. it would be a head screw. same with a main cap bolt. these are what i see as problems with that definition. there are other definitions available.

like i said, there are many definitions. look it up and use the one you like best.

killer detail , !

may I say that unless it gets a nut on the backside ,, it's a screw ...not a bolt.

hence the term "bolting" something together" vs tightening a "screw" .

if it goes into a threaded hole ...it's a screw(unless it doesn't have a head ,, than it's a stud)

everyone seems to call everything a "bolt" on this forum

regardless ,, I want one !

Thanks for the comments, actually it is a bolt/nut that I used on the cross shaft. If you look very close you'll see a nib (bolt shaft) coming through a hexed shaped nut. This I know is not "technically" 100% correct in the real world (probably a taped shaft with screws) but it worked for me.

Charlie

Pro Tech

actually romell, there are 4-5 different ideas as to what define a bolt or screw. i shoould have said, i PREFER this definition.

In the United States, the Federal Cataloging System describes threaded fasteners 0.190 inch in diameter and larger as bolts, and everything smaller as screws (machine screws, not such screws as wood screws and self-tapping screws).

it is cut and dry. it is also the definition many bolt / screw manufacturers use in their manufacture and catalogs. the problem with the a fore mentioned definition is if i don't know the usage, do i have a bolt or a screw? the other problem is,.....doesn't a nut have a threaded hole? i guess a head bolt is incorrect since, it goes into a cyl. block. it would be a head screw. same with a main cap bolt. these are what i see as problems with that definition. there are other definitions available.

like i said, there are many definitions. look it up and use the one you like best.

Man 43 years old and im still learning something new everyday. :huh:

Thanks guys, I got the oil system installed. I used Evergreen strip to scratchbuild the oil manifold. Next, I plumbed it with the following.

PTMC 20 braided line with PTMC 25 fittings for all lines to main bearings.

PTMC 22 braided line with PTMC 27 fittings for line to pan.

Thanks for looking,

Charlie

Pro Tech

116engbuild6.jpg

116engbuild7.jpg

Thanks Rom, well got the injection system installed with some of my new (and old) parts. Will shoot a few more pics when I get the feed lines to the injection blocks done. Thanks for looking.

Parts used -

MCLS 13 Fuel Injection Blocks

MCLS 1 Plug Wire (I reference to use this (back of MCLS 13) for the "rubber style" line on for the injector lines as in the prototype world these are very close in diameter).

PTMC 25 Hex Fittings.

116engbuild8.jpg

116engbuild9.jpg

116engbuild10.jpg

116engbuils11.jpg

Edited by Pro Tech

Looks great Charlie, Is it possible for you to get your braided line in black? I could paint it but figured it would lose it's detail.

Thanks guys! appreciate you all checking it out.

Joe, actually the braid can be changed to the late style black hose by using the following. Go to your LHS and look in the railroad section for a paint called Polly Scale, color "Night Black" (I think that's still the name) and paint one coat onto the braid. This paint is water based, very fine pigmented and will not clog up the braid detail. Also this paint will take any bends you can throw at it and won't flake off, great stuff.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Looks great Charlie. I can see I need to get some braided line from you too.

Hi Frank, we have over 20,000 ft. of braid (and more than that in fittings), so it's here when you need it :).

Also if anyone is having problems attaining fittings, braid, etc. from another supplier/source etc. we at Pro Tech have maintained a "very large" supply of our braid, fittings and all of our products and never had to ship an order with a part being out of stock since we started the business over 9 years ago.

Charlie

Pro Tech