Model Cars Magazine Forum

The wife starting her first non snaptite kit. 1/16 charger w.i.p small update 1/30/14

bosshog

Keep er' goin'. The hardest part is done. You have a nice paint job. Ask most people why the give up a build and they will tell you paint problems. Don't give up ! Maybe when she finishes you can take her out for a movie and a nice dinner ??? I said a nice dinner, not Taco Bell or McDonalds. : )

Keep er' goin'. The hardest part is done. You have a nice paint job. Ask most people why the give up a build and they will tell you paint problems. Don't give up ! Maybe when she finishes you can take her out for a movie and a nice dinner ??? I said a nice dinner, not Taco Bell or McDonalds. : )

Oh I agree Wendy's is much better Lol. She thought paint was the easy part, but now that there's a pile of parts to be painted and glued she very intimidated, she afraid of what I'm gonna think if she messes up and also is afraid of what people on here might say. I keep telling her that both this and scale auto are some really good guys. I've seen some really nice and really not so nice builds on these sites and the bad ones get almost as much love as the spectacular. shell get there I layed out all her colors with the parts that go with em and now that the piles are smaller she's a little more confident

• 2 weeks later...

Very small update. After a week off I've finally got her energized again to pick up the kit and get back to it. Got the firewall and some of the front end work done. Hopefully more to come soon. She told me to finish it cause she was nervous but I said this is your car and you did beautiful on the paint and that even if she screws up everything else at least you don't have to see it once the body is on.

post-12974-0-41041200-1391113005_thumb.j

post-12974-0-88809100-1391113019_thumb.j

post-12974-0-88647500-1391140188_thumb.j

Edited by bosshog

Looking great, I'm new to modeling and took me 2 months to get my first build done sort of, still need to paint body but weather has not been to nice. My 2nd build is taking just as long, tell her to just have fun with it when its done its done who cares how long it takes just enjoy sharing your passions with each other. Its all about the journey.

Awesome work so far.

Bob