Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mopar or no car...... build

mopar01lee

I am waiting to see if I win a few bids on evilbay , I am trying to get a couple of chargers, and I have a 68 RR, I am thinking about what I want to do with RR before I start on it.

I have been thinking about doing a 2dr conversion of one of the newer charger kits, just not sure yet, I know there is a reisn body for a 2dr.

Edit- just won the action for the 71 charger, so as soon as it gets here, guessing next week sometime I will get started on it, I am going to do the charger from the show burn notice, the only thing is the charger used in the show is a 73 .

Edited by martinfan5

this will run as long as you fellow builders want it to.....

my lap top took a dump... so itll be a min before i get pics..

im also doing a 68 hemi roadrunner street/strip car. same color as the charger w/ steel wheels an dog dishes

an deep rims in the rear , on dot hoosiers by ma's resin

later days Davin

i might join in on this...having a hard time decicing on the kit thought

it will iether be a 71 duster with a 318 with a shortened viper intake (pro touring style)

or it will be an old MPC pro street barracuda...iether way it will be iether panter pink or moulin rogue

Well I can start taking part in this CBP now, the 71 charger is here now, and when I figure about my plans for the 68 roadrunner I will start on it soon, plus I have a lindberg charger super bee on the way as well.

My plan is to make the charger from the show Burn Notice, whcih is a 73 charger, so I need to makes some changes, side windows, fill in the door vents, and change the front grill and the taillight panel. For that I think I know a way to do that some what easy, decals

Here is the the kit

c71c.jpg

c71b.jpg

Here is the body with the the new lines cuts I need to make

c71.jpg

allright fellars i decided on.....the....cuda

its an old PMC so probably around 75 parts ?

i figured i could get it knocked out easily

still have a lot to decide on rolling gear and engine set up...(for the egine, should the hemi be dual carbs, injected or blown)

but at least i got to work on it

i got my table all set up (had to work on the kitchen table since the wifey is at work and the boy was sleeping) and i had just glued the two halves of the engine together when my boy woke up

looks like thats all the progress for me today

I'd like to get in on this one too,being open ended. It'll be a bit before I can get to a Mopar though,several in front of it on the bench,but I'll check in and follow along. I'm thinking anything from a '69 Super Bee to another Daytona to a Shelby Charger maybe.

Edited by Olskoolrodder

well, i got about 3 more minutes of work in on the 'cuda and i've made some desicions, the engine will be a fuel injected hemi, hilborn style

the rolling stock will be keystone mags, i have a set left over from the 67 GTX that will run on the front and a set of custom deep dishes for the rear that i got from Ma's Resin

the hood will iether the a resin AAR hood (the wifeys favotire) or the stock supplied prostreet hood (the boys favorite)

determining factor will be the clearance needed for the injection stacks

now...does anyone know the model masters code for moulin rogue ?

nice progress....

Hey Eelco lets see some shots ....

man i need my laptop back ..i got the 68 roadrunner in primer an the chassis an interior painted...

sarry im on ther work PC , so not able to put up pics at the moment

the DMCL charger is waiting on the rims an tires from ma's to start on it . i will paint it when i paint the RR..

later days..... Davin

wont be untill the weekend, the wifey is working nights and i use her phone to take pics

but there is little progress to see

there is some black paint on the chassis and the engine is halfway build (no paint yet)

the rollcage is assembled and the wheel centers are tacked to the wheel backs so i can start sanding the rims down to make them fit

i also went ahead and removed the molded in tailpipes from the rear panel since the exhaust wont reach that far anyway

well guys here are some pics (dont get too excited, really nothing to see but still)

1323037880.jpg

1323037771.jpg

1323037712.jpg

1323037933.jpg

as you can tell Alan's rims are coming in nicely

i sprayed a TON of allclad today...pretty much the entire interior tub looks like it is bare steel (its a tubbed rear end and the rear seat has been tore out), the rims and the injection system

i also did some small assembly to the engine and the chassis

oh, and some mudding to the front and rear panels to get rid of those terribles ALL cuda models seem to have

on a side note, dont you love those round taillights? we dont see enough of them

so, what would i be looking at for interior colours on a moulin rouge cuda ?

white or black.... i think would be the best choices

oh i got the charger painted , the two chassis painted , the interior is almost done on the RR..

the paint got messed up on the RR. sooooo its in the pond..

later days Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

nice .. i like it ....

not true on the 72+ ive built one a yr ago here an i have anouther one i started a few month ago on here also ...lol and i have 2 more to do.... one as a motown missle ..

love the charger to.

that may be true on your workbench but have a look at OUR bench http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44802&st=0

i stopped counting squared taillights at 50, i counted exactly 2 cudas with round taillights ;)

heres a quick update guys, i laid some paint down yesterday and im not sure if i like it or not

the can was labeled "panter pink" and its a MM paint (usually very good)

but once i laid down a few coats and it started drying i thought it looks more like furious fuscia (the paint they used on the tribute models in '10)

judge for yourself

1323406684.jpg

1323406654.jpg

1323406618.jpg

im waiting on some decals and a front bench and then i should be able to finish her up :)

interior and billboards will both be white, then i am thinking off adding some kit supplied decals (also in white) but not sure about that