Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Shelby Mustang Gt 350 H (revell)

wingnut509

hi all this is my first post. i just wanted to post some pics of my 66 mustang that i have made custom suspension for, along with some cool wheels that i took off of a dicast car. ive had the kit for about 7-8 years now and have ben kinda building/restoring it its turning out nice and i plan to add more detail to it but need some ideas. the car is just set together in these pics as i am still painting the body. what do u think?? :o

post-2635-1202590201_thumb.jpg

post-2635-1202590272_thumb.jpg

post-2635-1202590703_thumb.jpg

post-2635-1202590837_thumb.jpg

MAN ALL I HAVE TO ASK IS WHY DID YOU DONK IT NOT TRYIN TO START ANYTHING BUT THAT CAR LOOKS RETARDED

:o:o:o:o:o:o

Now that's no way to greet a new member. If you don't like someones style but feel inclined to leave a comment, try to make it constructive. That's how we learn from each other, continue to improve our skills and promote the hobby.

So, Wingnut509, WELCOME to the forum!! :o It looks like you put a lot of work into the suspension to get those HUGE wheels to fit under it. :o

Feel free to post whatever you like to build. Most of the members here will find something constructive to say about your work.

Regards,

true true but its a stang it shouldnt be like that it might take after it wares on me though

i could say this its original that fact has my respect

There you go...you're getting better...

Personally, I don't "get" the DONK "thing" either, but that's probably just because I'm old. ;) Kind of like seeing my grandparent's reaction to Rock & Roll. ;)

What I do get is that someone took the time to build a model the way that they think looks cool. That promotes the hobby and improves the builder's skills. And...that's something that's good for all of us, no matter how young, old, experienced or new to the hobby we are.

So, thank you for improving your comments. ;);) Constructive criticism is always welcome here. So are the DONKS.

Regards,

ok maybe i went to hard on him

so heres an idea

take off the rims,drop the suspension,get a 05 mustang kit, combine them and make it original,but plese i beg of you no bigger than 21's

sorry

Excuse me is he building this model for you or for him? So many times over the years I've told people to build for themselves and have fun. It's not like he took a 1:1 Shelby Gt350 and donk it. Monogram made 100's of thousands of these over the years, and it is only plastic. It's not my syle but I Like the execution.