Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Ford Galaxie 500 reissue : I added Factory Reference Material

migace

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Hobby Heaven release of the Interceptor a few years ago...still haven't built it yet!! May get another since I love the big Ford cars of the 60s and 70s!

Never saw the Daytona Transport before or seen one built...looks like it could be a fun build.

I just bought the "Phantom" Ford van yesterday...I built that kit back in the day when it was originally released, like the boxart van...back when I still brush painted bodies using the small Testor's jars and brushes!! Always wanted another to build stock...will see when I get to building it!!

Edited by Tony T

• 4 weeks later...

Does any one have a picture of this trans kit and maybe any built ups? I am really planning on doing a few of these, and a few wagons would be awesome too.

ModelHaus resin

http://www.modelhaus.com/index.php?c=4106&p=69381

Car should look like a 500 wagon with the galaxie 500 grille. I also saw there was going to be a stock option in the AMT reissue? Would that mean a front grille with hideaways?

Does any one have a picture of this trans kit and maybe any built ups? I am really planning on doing a few of these, and a few wagons would be awesome too.

ModelHaus resin

http://www.modelhaus...?c=4106&p=69381

Car should look like a 500 wagon with the galaxie 500 grille. I also saw there was going to be a stock option in the AMT reissue? Would that mean a front grille with hideaways?

Modelhaus makes a Country Squire wagon kit also, with the XL/LTD style hidden headlight grille. Those parts originated in the original AMT '70 LTD 4dr ht, which was never reissued, because that kit's tooling was revised to make the Galaxie kit.

I need to figure out what I am going to do with the one I have now, the plans of doing a Phoenix PD cruiser is not looking like its going to happen

Whiner. :(

Won't Martay sell you a pair of 'cals? He ripped off half my production run! L :lol: L

Just wondering why the Boss was ever put in this kit to begin with?

Was it a cost saving thing or what ?

Who knows...strange things went on over 40 years ago. They also had the Boss 429 engine in the '70 & '71 Torino Cobra annuals. It's odd since the '69 Galaxie XL kit had a regular 429.

Who knows...strange things went on over 40 years ago. They also had the Boss 429 engine in the '70 & '71 Torino Cobra annuals. It's odd since the '69 Galaxie XL kit had a regular 429.

The Torino I understand , it was for the NASCAR version. Maybe they looked under the hood of a Detroit police car that had a Boss put in place by Ford . They had to have a fast car to chase Hoffa and his friends . LOL

I've heard one explaination of this engine being in this kit (I believe it was offered up by Terry Jessee in an old Light Commercial column in the other mag)- the kit was originally a curbside (it was based on a Galaxie promo), and when they decided to offer it up as a kit with engine detail, they just simply grabbed the first Ford engine tool off the shelf, and that engine mold just so happened to be for a Boss 429. Whatever the case, somebody was seriously asleep at the switch when the decision was made to power this with the Mustang-only Boss mill.

I found these online, respects to the builders, I think I am going to get both transkits from Modelhaus

Both of those are on my to-buy list, along w/ the '72 LTD Brougham 2dr and '70 Country Squire wagon. I wish they would do some Mercurys also--a '69/70 Marauder and '69/70 Monterey or Marquis conv. would be great.

I just received two of Sean's Mills . Only problem the Manual Transmission is attached to the one piece block casting . The slushbox was the only way these Crusiers were equipped in the day . Easy fix . I have enjoyed this kit since since 1970 . Good to see it back . Thanx