Model Cars Magazine Forum

George Bojacuik???

camaroman

I am alive and well.

Life has many twists and turns and I have certainly had my share! Last year my mom passed away and I spent a good portion of a year settling her estate. This year, I had been working at a car dealership and doing quite well...so I thought. Last week I was laid off because I was really good. Go figure! So, now I have some time to re-invent myself yet again! The diecast industry is not doing so well, so my plan was to go back to my roots and start writing again. Gregg is probably rolling his eyes because he's heard this line so many times. I'd like to come back with a on-going series of articles called "Off the Shelf", basically taking what I have off my shelf and building it before I die. Many of us are in the same boat, we have a ton of stuff and parts out the wazoo, but no motivation to "get er' done". If you guys are game and Gregg still has patience with me, how about it? Interested?

I am alive and well.

Life has many twists and turns and I have certainly had my share! Last year my mom passed away and I spent a good portion of a year settling her estate. This year, I had been working at a car dealership and doing quite well...so I thought. Last week I was laid off because I was really good. Go figure! So, now I have some time to re-invent myself yet again! The diecast industry is not doing so well, so my plan was to go back to my roots and start writing again. Gregg is probably rolling his eyes because he's heard this line so many times. I'd like to come back with a on-going series of articles called "Off the Shelf", basically taking what I have off my shelf and building it before I die. Many of us are in the same boat, we have a ton of stuff and parts out the wazoo, but no motivation to "get er' done". If you guys are game and Gregg still has patience with me, how about it? Interested?

Wow.... now there's an answer for ya! :D

Wow.... now there's an answer for ya! :angry:

Yeah! Glad I asked... That great book is what jogged my mememory. I hve just finished reading it for the first time. I had always putting off buying the book until recently. Great stuff!!

George, I look forward to fresh reading from you!!

One of my all-time favorite articles is the one he did for SAE, the one about the SC/Rambler! The Buick buildup (where he built the Monogram '70 into a model of an actual car owned by the president of the Buick club), is one I still haven't tried, but plan to one of these days!

I really appreciate the very kind words here and the emails I rec'd. I'll leave it up to Gregg to contact me if he's still interested. Someone emailed me last week and asked about a piece I did about model tires years ago. He wanted it reprinted. I'd be happy to see it reprinted and Gregg is welcome to do so-gratis! As for diecast, Tom, They got rid of me, otherwise I'd still be doing it! It was truly a labor of love!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Tom, I received a 1-25th scale 1957 Chevrolet Panel Delivery that Spec Cast did for a company called Jet . It was a nice job and I plan to modify it into a contractors truck at some future time . Ed Shaver

Edited by Eshaver

George, there's an email glitch, but I'll write to you from the main email account.

I think it's due to the BlackBerry downloading messages first, and it then becomes some kind of "push" thingee

I know, all these technical terms....

Great to "see" you again, my friend!