Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

FINALLY got a COPO Nova. B)

That's a nice kit - I picked up another one after seeing how nice my first one was.

Here is what I managed to get today -

neo-packaging-cn.jpg

$36 dollars at Hobby Lobby (40% off coupon). Seems like a really great price for a good airbrush. I already have an Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS and wanted a gravity feed for shooting smaller quantities - so we'll see how this thing works out.

Edited by Coyotehybrids

The planets aligned up for me today !! At the Southern Nats today I picked up a Profile 24 kit of the Gulf Aston Martin LMP1 !!! And then to make my day, got a S27 kit of the 2007 Corvette C6R for a DOOR PRIZE !!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it !!! :P

Highway You just may have topped my Garage Sell Find of about a year ago when I got 23 kits for $2. each. I had to buy all of the kits the woman had to get the ones I really wanted.

Well Tom, I paid a little more than that!! In fact, I'm STILL paying them off!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thankfully I didn't have to buy all the collection, I think my better half would have killed me if I brought close to 500 kits home, which would have instantly doubled my stash. As it is, she isn't very happy that my model room (which is actually almost half of our living room) has exploded and overflowed into the living room until I can buy more shelves. Right now half of our couch is buried in kits, it looks like a hobby shop blew up!! :lol: :lol:

i have never seen one of those blue printers. whats in there??

Luis, I don't know if everything that was in that box was actually part of the original parts in the box or not, but it had parts of (and unfortunately I don't think any complete :( ) parts pack engines like a Hemi, small block Chevy, and a Corvair engine, and many 50s and 60s era customizing front and rear bumpers for many different cars. The paperwork that was in it listed all the bumpers, and from the list I think there are actually two sets of each in there because the number I have doesn't match the numbers that were supposed to be there!

I got these kits this month, The Original 70 442 Annual, 3 of the reissues, all molded in different colors, And a 70 Toronado promo, That was orange, But the paint was so scratched up I had to strip it, I'll be repainting the car and making a curbside build out of it, I also ordered everything I needed from The Modelhaus to make a 71 and 72 442 Or Cutlass out of 2 of the reissues . And the decals to make the Rallye 350 out of one of them, And a set of the Cady decals for the 70-72 442's for the W-31 Decals to use on the 2 revell Convertibles I have painted, oldskits.jpgoldskits2.jpg

Edited by spkgibson

well i got a alumilite super casting set lastnight... and made my very first mold of some johan 70s super stock series fenton rims..

great for your motown missle an mopar missle .. or the fronts are good for sloted gasser rims... ill be casting a set tonight.

wish me luck....lol

Davin

Got these from a friend of mine just for helping him move.

HPIM3334.jpg

Unforunately the Caddy and the Camaro are missing some long gone parts, but the DeLorean is complete!! Maybe that's the reason I think of my friend more like my baby brother, he knew to take care of the kit I wanted the most! :D

today i expected to get my order from micro mark including a paasche air brush to hook up to my new harbor freight compressor! gonna finally make the big jump or at least mess around with it. first project is a roth surfite...the yellow is always challenging as i have demonstrated in the horrible mess i have made of the paint on this austin. seriously...the photos cover it but its all pooled up in corners etc and just looks like heck. i am hoping to exercise some discipline and learn to paint properly!

bumperfromfar.jpg

i am super excited about learning to airbrush!

i also have waiting for me two display counter cases from my local hobby shop that unfortunately is going out of business. real bummer but finally scored some decent display counters! been trying to get some for a decent price for a few years now and these are excellent. so a bright light from behind the dark cloud.

got a couple of kits from greg too, great deal for a great cause...

i am a complete nut on maserati birdcages, so even though i am not that about diecasts, i couldnt pass up the Minichamps 1/18 to go along with my cmc jewels!

birdcage1.jpg

birdcagemotorcloseup.jpg

at under 100$ including shipping on ebay this is a real bargain. i have yet to compare it side by side with the cmc ones i have, i can see just by looking at it that its a bit more "model" looking than the "shrunk down to 1/18" look of the cmc, but the cmc is 3X the price and you sure get a lot here for not much money as fine diecasts go!

cmc complete and chassis only:

dscn7934k.jpg

the real thing:

birdcage5m.jpg

i just wish some mainline model company (eg: not resin) would tool up a nice birdcage in 1/24 or 25th. i would seriously buy a crate of them. my favorite car ever for a long long time now.

edit: just looking at the photos above you can see the minichamps is a whole level under the cmc...but thats what your money buys both ways!

Edited by jbwelda

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...