Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '03 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

truckaddict

I was looking around in a facebook group for model cars and seem some guys talking about a new jeep from Revell, a 2003 jeep Rubicion with working suspension. Does anyone know anything about this? I couldnt find anything on Revell's site or anywhere else except for the site one of them linked to.

http://www3.omnimodels.com/cgi-bin/woi0001p?&I=RMXS4053&P=0'>http://www3.omnimodels.com/cgi-bin/woi0001p?&I=RMXS4053&P=0

85-4053-lg.jpg

Well that sucks cause it is underscale..

Just a bit tho but still

Please tell me you're kidding Rodney!! I'll probably still buy a couple of them just because I love Jeeps!

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me you're kidding Rodney!! I'll probably still buy a couple of them just because I love Jeeps!

Having built a couple of the TR Rubicons but not actually measured them I would say they are slightly oversize if anything. They are noticeably bigger than the Maisto 1/26 scale Jeep. Here are mine next to some other 1/25 builds.

IMG_0378-1.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

If you click on your link, its there you just have to go til you get to the 1/24 scale model car kits. I'm going to wait to get the 1/24 scale 1949 Mercury "Woody" wagon. Thats going to be one cool build. Boy with all the model car companys releasing all these kits new/old one I'm in 7th heaven! Wish they would go and redo the old JoHan kits.

• 2 weeks later...

Having built a couple of the TR Rubicons but not actually measured them I would say they are slightly oversize if anything. They are noticeably bigger than the Maisto 1/26 scale Jeep. Here are mine next to some other 1/25 builds.

It does look big compared to the Tahoe in the one photo. Could you take another photo of them side by side for a good comparison? I would sure appreciate it if you could.

• 3 months later...

Not sure Doc , Revell Monograms web site had it posted but removed it from their web page.

Tower has it posted with no exact release date . Never the less, I cant wait to have one opened on the work bench! I have never seen a "Rubicon" Jeep kit what so ever from any other MFG. The only other kits I have seen was the CJ-7, & the Daisey Duke kit. Neither of those were the Rubicon styling but CJ-5 & CJ-7. I come to assume it is a new tool.

Edited by Gramps2u

Its been a long time since plowboy asked for comparison pictures of these Jeeps but finally here they are.

IMG_0613_zps4b383793.jpg

Looking straight down in a side by side comparison view.

IMG_0615_zpsae2d5394.jpg

On the right is the AMT Snap 96 Tahoe, then the diecast Tomb Raider Wrangler build OOB, Next is a Daisy Duke CJ5, last a lifted WWII Jeep. In the front is the 1/27 scale Maisto diecast Wrangler for another comparison.

On the right is the AMT Snap 96 Tahoe, then the diecast Tomb Raider Wrangler build OOB, Next is a Daisy Duke CJ5, last a lifted WWII Jeep. In the front is the 1/27 scale Maisto diecast Wrangler for another comparison.

How close in length/size are the 1:1 CJ-5 and Rubicon?

How does the Tamiya Wrangler compare? I've only ever seen the Daisy Duke Jeep and the Tamiya Jeep, will this Rubicon be a full detail kit with an engine or is it going to be a curbside?

They are different generations of Wrangler, the Tamiya is the earlier YJ, the Revell is a TJ. The Tamiya builds as a pretty stock Euro-spec version, IIRC, the Revell builds only as a custom off roader w/ big tires, etc. The Tamiya kit has an engine IIRC, the Revell looks to be a curbside.