Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another 53 Hudson

Sixties Sam

I bought this Hudson kit back in January, and finally built it. I held off building it because I feared a BMF nightmare, but it turned out to be easier than I thought. I foiled it all in about four hours. The paint is Krylon Fusion maroon and black, based on a photo I saw of a real Hudson. The paint went on smooth, but the wet look clear came out a bit lumpy, very noticeable on the hood in the second photo. I'm not sure why.

8234219806_3664ed43d9_z.jpg

This is a great kit - beautifully packaged, great instructions, everything fits, and the box art should be framed and hung on a museum wall! These photos were taken in two of my dioramas.

8233157849_81c51da16e_z.jpg

8236978032_18b2fe61da_z.jpg

I enjoyed this build. I hope you guys like it too.

Sam

I'm flattered by all your compliments, guys. Thanks so much! I cheated a little on the foil work. The side window frames are done in silver paint (Testors marker), as were the door handles and rocker panel trim. The rest is foil.

I'm glad you guys like the dioramas. The Dad's Garage diorama was built two years ago, and I just made the inside garage diorama. I still have details to add to it. Here's a photo of it on my workbench. It's just three foamboard walls and a plywood floor. It has a removable ceiling that will be seen in low angle photos. The 56 Chevy was a glue bomb given to me by a friend who partially built it when he was a kid. It was really rough and wouldn't come apart, so I made a junker out of it.

8250498813_02eb5bf419_z.jpg