Model Cars Magazine Forum

L-700 Coe Trying to run it looooowww

Thanks for the info guys. I think I am going to cut the roof into four pieces widen and extend it then drop it down. I need to figure out how many scale inches. He is also an updated picture I have put the springs on with poster putty to get an idea of how it looks. These are also the wheels I am going to use. But what I am trying to figure out is how to drop the Frame down do I still use the springs or just glue the axle to the Framewith some type of bracket

(null)

Frame picture

(null)

post-8176-4125_thumb.jpg

post-8176-222211_thumb.jpg

Okay here is an update I did the chop now I am working on putting it back together again.

2012-02-18105804.jpg

First I made a mask around the cab to show me where I was cutting and scribbed it with the razor knife

2012-02-19112045.jpg

2012-02-19112400.jpg

Here is the after picture I think the cutting turned out well I chopped it high enough that I can smooth out the detail in the back pillers so it runs up into the top

2012-02-19112329.jpg

I then took the top section and quartered it I am now working on spreading it out so it lines up with the bottom section. Does anybody have some tips on making this part easy.

Thanks for looking

Tim Kracht

• 1 month later...

I like where you are going with this! Only thing I can figure is that the pogo stick looking think could be a hanger for the air lines that would attach to a trailer. Usually, there are springs attached to it that hold the air lines up out of the moving parts of the drivetrain.

Does anybody know much about this model the instructions show numbers but the spru does not. I am trying to figure out this pogo stick looking thing. I should have pictures of the chopping results done soon

(null)

It just mounts to the cab support. Maybe you can figure it out from my pics. My L700's both have Cross-ram Hemi's in them. Keep us posted on your progress. I love these Dodges! Brad

Picture136-vi.jpg

Here are some photos of the work I choppped this down and will work on glueing the front and the back together.

2012-04-15073408.jpg

Here are some work on the wheels I made an adapter to connect the wheels to the spindles. Since I want useing stock rims I had to figure out something. The way this will work I can cut the spindels down and slid on this adapter and glue it to the rims.

2012-04-15073538.jpg2012-04-15073426.jpg2012-04-15073503.jpg2012-04-15073442.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Minor update and taking suggestions on how the stance looks if I should lower the end or live it as it sits

2012-05-12160055.jpg

Started off working on the roof again with some putty, I had a chnace to sand it down but didnt take a picture yet.

So do you think I should lower the end or leave it up in the air.

2012-05-12160106.jpg

what if you c notched the frame and stuck the axles on top on top of the leafs. strip the leaf to a mono leaf kinda deal. That thing looks dope so far though. I'd lower the front and rear. Wheel gap kills.

• 1 month later...

Okay major update on this one I have been working on the Frame and trying out a new process. Tell me what you guys think what should I change does it look good.

2012-06-21211136.jpg

I have tried to create a new frame that will allow it to drop down lower and add in some Airbags for the suspension.

2012-05-21202209.jpg

I purchased some hollow channel and begain to create the frame. At each point I put in a spline piece to give it more glueing surface.

2012-05-23060147.jpg

2012-05-24054217.jpg

Mock up of the frame over the wheels.

2012-05-28102826.jpg

I started working on my airbags to see how they will look. If anybody has a spare rear end that would work here let me know I might replace the one that I have I buggered it a bit.

2012-06-18061405.jpg

Here I was trying to rig up a spot where the upper link connections will go. it wasnt untill I had finished that I realized I had done it upside down.

2012-06-21204637.jpg

Starting to put the frame together.

2012-06-21210940.jpg

Closer picture of the backend

• 2 weeks later...