Model Cars Magazine Forum

A clean final assy. using latex gloves

I have found as many of the rest of us that one of the most "Stressfull" parts of building a model is the final assy. All to often we end up smudging something or another. Well in recent years I have learned to clean up my area before finishing my model to ensure that I am not going to place the body into something(glue,etc.). But one of the things that helps the most is to wear gloves(Latex) during my final assy. By wearing gloves I do not get fingerprints all over stuff like the windows and body. I do not know if anyone else does this, but I think it really helps. You can pick up a box of gloves for very little $$$.

Great tip.

I never thought to use them for final assembly. I do use them when I am airbrushing and or mixing paints.

I know Tamiya has some cotton style gloves for handling your builds. Not sure how they work with final assembly though. I'd be afraid to snag something with cotton. At least latex would tear first.

Chris

I know Tamiya has some cotton style gloves for handling your builds. Not sure how they work with final assembly though. I'd be afraid to snag something with cotton. At least latex would tear first.

Chris

Not to mention how inexpensive and disposable the latex gloves are as opposed to the "Cotton" ones. You just use the latex ones once and toss them out!! I get mine at SAM'S Club localy and they cost about $9.00 for two boxes of 100 gloves. :lol: