Model Cars Magazine Forum

my Cobra vs AC Cobra Mark VI - a cautionary tale

GerN

Here's what can happen when you neglect a project for too long. First, my custom (widened, fastback) Cobra. Then the AC Cobra Mark VI which I discovered today when I googled cobra rear suspension. LOL, or, rueful chuckle.

post-2610-0-83699300-1344542005_thumb.jp

post-2610-0-95119000-1344542019_thumb.jp

post-2610-0-49921600-1344542037_thumb.jp

post-2610-0-11805500-1344542061_thumb.jp

Wow pretty cool looking project. As for the last pic looked like a concept but if i remember did't the AMT

289 roadster have a top similar .? Looks like that top isnt permanent as there are still trunk lines below the top

nothing going up the roof .

cooler still if it was on a 427s/c

Michael

There actually was such a cobra built , but was pushed aside when the Daytona Coupe was started . At least one was campaigned for quarter mile drags .

Here's a photo of one of them .

002-1.jpg

Edited by TooOld

I have only been able to find mention of the AC Cobra Mark VI in 2011. Don't know if any were ever produced by Gullwing GmbH, which supposedly agreed to do so for AC Cobra. The top was to be removable, with gull wing doors.

My custom Cobra will have a modified Viper chassis and new Mustang engine, if I ever finish it. My goal was a modern Cobra with current day amenities and comfort, but still high performance (and a tiny bit of the Cobra kammback look).