Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th KW K-100 Sorry no more pics......

That's a really nice looking engine. Weren't the Tamiya kits 1/14?

Yes, but it's also a newer version with single square headlights and a "more rounded" E model?? Not really the same other than it's a cabover...

Nice to see the progress on this truck. Great work on the engine as well. I will be watching this one as it comes along.... great work............Matt

Thanks Matt!!

I used the entire chassis,Transmission,sleeper,etc...Basically I used the whole truck less the hood,I cut the fronts of the fenders off to get the headlight buckets,cut the cab all apart to use the doors and jambs and the center section of the roof. and I cut the doorpanels out of the interior,the seats and bases steering wheel and column and so on...There is very little waste of the kit,actually...The dash shape is correct to a 1980...And depending on how a particular truck was optioned, 3 dash designs were available...The cab hinges will be 16 gauge sheet metal...I haven't had much luck with brass...Painting sheet metal requires less prep than brass too,And not to mention...Cheaper!!! Oh....And workin' with "Metalglow"....LOL !!! It's a Blast!!!

What does the 3rd dash look like?

Glad to see you enjoying this build

Looks great! Like the work on the cummins as well.....I know how much work this project is; I have one at about the same place; only I am doing a flat top; my truck is going to be a full custom; so I plan on doing a detroit 12 to go in it; along with an Alison auto trans...Again; great work scaling up..........Matt

Hey Matt !!I just wish that My truck had an instruction sheet !!!! LOL !!!! It's a Blast building by the seat of My pants!!! LOL !!!

Hey Everyone!! Heres another update. I was starting back on the bodywork on the cab...Needless to say that I went back and cut both sides of the sleeper out due to warpage.So I replaced the sides with Evergreen .060" sheetstock.Now it's straight!! And way less bodywork!!Heres some more pics of the progress on the cab...IMG_2828.jpgIMG_2829.jpgIMG_2830.jpgIMG_2834.jpgIMG_2833.jpg Thanks for following along!!

Nice job.

Thanks Jim!! I had to fix a mess up,That spot filler was the culprit...I'm glad I found out before I went with more...3M white automotive Glazing and spot putty wasn't compatable(too hot)!! Bob Downie / zoom-zoom has told me to use the Red 2 part "Bondo" brand spot putty...He's Good!! So I know it will work!!!