Model Cars Magazine Forum

My very first - Bill Elliot #94 McDonalds

hooterville75

My very first kit completion. Have alot of areas I need to improve on but Im content with this being my first ever. Airbrushing needs a bit of work and a few of the decals are wrinkled. Excited though for the next build which will be a 1991 Davey Allison. Please give any advice on what I can do to make the next one better. I know the photos are poor quality but thats what I get with a cellular phone camera :(

post-10524-0-98296000-1348016623_thumb.j

post-10524-0-59479500-1348016632_thumb.j

post-10524-0-85181500-1348016638_thumb.j

post-10524-0-49498700-1348016644_thumb.j

lol Thanks Old Coyote. Right now Nascar kits are all I have in the stash other then a couple of Indy and Sprint Cars. I would eventually like to get into some Aircraft, Tanks and even some Miniatures. This scale model building is very addicting. I believe I'm going to have to go through a week or so period of not building as I dropped and damaged my freekin Airbrush already bending the needle tip. I gave my current kit a base coat today and so far it appears to be fine, so hoping it will work ok until the replacement parts get here. Being on a fixed income and SSDI really stinks because to buy anything new I have to wait until the first of the month during payday lol. I went from making 68K a year to 15K because of the back surgeries and them putting me on Disability. So I use building scale models as a way to occupy my time.