Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished: 1986 Alan Kulwicki Quincy's Steakhouse T-Bird

Billy Kingsley

Finished this one up just yesterday. Almost box stock kit, I rearranged the rear suspension to get it to sit lower. Of cource, that makes the nose look to high, so I will work on that the next time. I see two possible ways to lower the front, and I will experiment with them both and or a combination of the two-next time.

Kit decals, it is the second half of Monogram's "Rookie of the Year Combo"...I finished the first half (85 Ken Schrader) in April of 05...and I started this the same day!

The tires came in the collection I bought from Matt Trotta, I didn't feel like detailing any so I just used some that I got from him.

Paint is Testors Yellow and black, with a red interior, which I actually spray painted!

I almost made a few glaring mistakes on this one, but I checked my refrences (the book NASCAR Chronicle by Greg Fielden and the 1986 yearbook) and discovered that the window trim was black, and so was the net. I almost BMFd the trim and left the net red!

This one's been in progress since April 05, after the disaster that was the Ken Schrader car from the two-pack, I didn't want to touch this one, but I finally decided to give it a try, again, and it came out pretty good! I wish I hadn't decaled it so long ago, though....The decal work is not great, and I could have done a better job of it now, then I did then.

2006June21st001-vi.jpg

2006June21st002-vi.jpg

2006June21st003-vi.jpg

2006June21st004-vi.jpg

2006June21st005-vi.jpg

2006June21st006-vi.jpg