Model Cars Magazine Forum

My First Diorama...speed Shop

Tony T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Keep adding, Tony..... It's all those little details that really give it so much character.

But I have a question. With those gorgeous girls around, where are the guys? I can't believe they're inside, working on the cars! Real conscientious, eh? (Did I spell that rite?)

Love it!

Retired Police dog...just a pet!

I just haven't found some inexpensive figures...I got 3 "Spice Girls" on a discount shelf for I think $2. I am always looking for people about the right scale for 1/24-1/25 in the toy departments! The guys are on a pizza run...the girls work on the cars!!

Thanks for the comments. I am always looking for bits and pieces to put in the dio!

• 4 weeks later...

I know I have said it already but this is amazing. I hope my diorama comes out half as good.

Just a few miles from me is a drive-in aptly named "Skyview" and my racing number is 77 so I have to say that old modified is probably the coolest on the lot to me.

Thanks Robert...I'll look forward to seeing you progress through your dio. It's a fun process, and hard to believe I've been working on this for nearly 3 years! Nice change of pace, and I'm always looking for background junk and such!!

My initials "TT" when signing them look kind of like a "77", and I actually got the name of a long gone local drive in wrong when I lettered that!! I'm glad it exists somewhere!! I could have sworn it was Skyview...B) It was actually called Auto Sky Drive In and it closed in 1981, and a housing development was built in it's place.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Neil.

The staining and aging of the outer walls was done using different washes, from some diluted flat tan, green, brown, rust and black to the sludge at the bottom of my paint brush rinse jar!! The walls are printed paper glued over styrene sheet, so I had to watch how wet I got it, so it didn't run or wrinkle too much.

• 1 month later...

:) savage diorama..

the extra's really add to it....

what's the story with the wemmin..are they Rusty's daughter's or staff.. :lol: