Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt/Ertl 95' Mitsubishi Eclipse (The fast and the furious)

Byron5150

Yea its my first time using so thanks for the heads up. I have a online friend, who just painted polished and waxed it, and it worked fine for him. But I may do what you said. Because the instructions say put a coat of semi gloss black on it. Which ill probably do, because I'm painting the underside semi gloss black as well.

Thanks for the heads up!

Alrighty Got all but 3 decals done. That would be the Nos symbol on the drivers side, and then the two spoiler decals that go on the outside (black part)

Here's what I did.

1. Cut decal as close as possible off the sheet with out ruining it.

2. Held the decals with tweezers and submerged it in water for 10 seconds. Till it curls up.

3. Slided part of the decal off with my thumb. And put the decal on car using a toothpick to hold the decal while i pull off the backing with the tweezers.

4. Hole have the decal with my thumb and used a Q-tip to push water away and get all air bubble and wrinkles. Repeat with other half.

5. Took my microfiber cloth and lightly pressed down on the decal while holding half of the decal with my thumb.

I just air brushed the bottom of the hood with semi gloss black. Will show pics after I apply the carbon fiber to the top of the hood.

i used quick setting epoxy, for the spoiler so far.

Also taped off the gas tank and painted it semi gloss black which I will cut the decal around it later.

I use 1/4" tape if anybody wants to know.

model17.jpg

model14.jpg

model152.jpg

model16.jpg

Edited by Byron5150

Alrighty guys here's some updates.

I took spoiler off because I want to fix a few things on it and do some touch ups.

After cutting and putting the last few decals on. I clear coated the whole car, to avoid any lift ups later on.

Also decided to paint the interior hub and the dash board.

1. I first cleaned up all flash.

2. Made sure the guages for the passenger air bag fit good.

3. Then glued and taped.

4. After wards I washed all parts (dash and interior hub) with soap and water.

5. Primed with Tamiya white primer.

6. Then air brushed them Tamiya semi gloss black.

I will show pic of the dash and interior hub when there dry.

Also glued in the headlights, and painted the turn signals on the headlight cover with model master's turn signal amber.

Also to answer the question about what i was doing for the head scoop. I used a tooth pick for it and cleaned up any thing that messed up after it dried.

Also did the same for the small openings on the left and right side of the front bumper.

And lastly I put the carbon fiber on, and yes it is fragile but the big part i had was getting all wrinkles out, It was probably due to the hood hump.

Great stuff and I highly recommend it to any one!!!

model20.jpg

model21.jpg

model22.jpg

model23.jpg

model18.jpg

model19.jpg

Headlights are on the car now.

Also taped off and hand painted some of the interior accents like the seats and dash and the interior hub.

For the blue its Krylon blue I taped and painted for the blue then hand brushed the black to touch up or add black.

Interior is all finished except for the steering wheel.

I will probably flock parts of the interior after I glue seats in.

Also all of the black is again Tamiya semi gloss black.

model24_zpsd833e2df.jpg

model25_zps8c1d5e7d.jpg

model26_zps00778be6.jpg

model28_zps81854433.jpg

model27_zps9f06bad9.jpg

model29_zps9d163020.jpg

I also have painted the door panels with krylon blue, and will be touching it up with tamiya semi gloss black to match the rest of the interior.

I also washed everything and primed it with tamiya white primer.

Edited by Byron5150

Thanks Bryan, the doors are painted in the same accent as the rest of the interior.

model30_zps2e361c5b.jpg

I have not yet glued the backing of the seats or anything in the interior.

I was gonna add a few different paint touch ups like white for the gauges and white and red for the nos buttons.

Here's what i was basing it off off. Although I figured id give this kit its own custom style.

7483890006_large.jpg