Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Phord Pheaton Phinished

Lyle Willits

I was building this at the same time I was finishing the '39 Chevy Wagon. A Revell roadster cowl was grafted to an AMT pheaton body. Paint is Tamiya candy lime green. Parts came from lots of kits and some resin here and there. Interior panels were scratchbuilt with Speedwagon seats and green detail wire piping.

DSCN2424-vi.jpg

DSCN2433-vi.jpg

DSCN2431-vi.jpg

DSCN2432-vi.jpg

DSCN2434-vi.jpg

Great lookin tub, man. The heat coloration on the headers is awesome. Did you hand paint the eyeball on the shift knob? I'd love to do that on a Deuce roadster I'm workin on. I'm gonna have to try the piping thing, too. That came out real slick.

Oh...here's a link to a phaeton I just recently did:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/models/32bathtu.../32bathtub.html

Keep up the good work!

Great lookin tub, man. The heat coloration on the headers is awesome. Did you hand paint the eyeball on the shift knob? I'd love to do that on a Deuce roadster I'm workin on.

Yep. Started with a white ball-head pin. The "iris" is Tamiya clear blue with a black dot for the "pupil" and the veins are Polly Scale red, then the whole thing cleared with Tamiya Clear. All the painting is done with the tip of a toothpick.

This is so choice- the color combination, detail and body mods are just perfect.I did something similar with my '32 Vicky -combined the AMT body with sections from the Revell Speedwagon to correct the profile. I was going to do the same with a Phaeton but I probably couldn't top this one... amazing!