Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 nsx

dadaman

Had the opportunity to drive a buddy's then brand new one-the Zanardi version . He's a vintage racer who street drives at 9/10's. I drove it on empty, winding country roads at his mountain home at 7/10's without raising a sweat. Skip is right; it was a deadly serious car in its day. A tiny bit large but 'all in your hands' neutral and killer brakes. I was giggling in 10 minutes and enjoyed it for 1/2 hour.

I agree with Scott, just not as interesting to me today as then.

Had the opportunity to drive a buddy's then brand new one-the Zanardi version . He's a vintage racer who street drives at 9/10's. I drove it on empty, winding country roads at his mountain home at 7/10's without raising a sweat. Skip is right; it was a deadly serious car in its day. A tiny bit large but 'all in your hands' neutral and killer brakes. I was giggling in 10 minutes and enjoyed it for 1/2 hour.

I agree with Scott, just not as interesting to me today as then.

I drove my neighbour's early NSX that he keeps locked in his garage and wanted out for a work out. I was in town and pretty careful with it, pretty sure no insurance on it too.

It drove perfect to my recollection in the street good power and turning. The country road would have been waaaaaay more fun!

We had made some overtures to me purchasing it, I got all excited and then he revealed he was holding on to it as a collector vehicle and won't ever sell

Soooo I kind of soured on the car a bit in general, but of course bought the model in the meantime

I totally agree. Twin turbo straight 6 BMW is just fine for me now :)

He is a bit dodgy in his dealings so I am happy to just stay neighbours

Maybe some far off collector will be after it, but with new NSX bodies coming out this year I would be surprised if he hits the home run he thinks he will

Sad to see a car sit and rot though