Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kustom Resin

Seems like, if the stories are true, that Buttercup is legit and is selling actual already-cast stock that the hubby left behind, while the other names are the scamming hubby probably taking money up front for stuff that isn't cast (or that he doesn't intend to cast).

Well I think I will stay away from them than they have nice stuff but if you never get it money don`t grow on trees that I know of .

Unfortunately, I think I will as well.

Although I've received everything I've bought in the past ,,, I would rather not push my luck.

Sad part is they have some pretty nice and unusual items no avail anywhere else .

Yeah I'd be careful guys. That's how it start with every new ID s/he gets. First starts sending out the items and then all of a sudden once he has some buyers with a few hundred dollars already paid up, he stops sending everything. Buttercup has been selling, so called, left items from his or her ex/husband but if you look at the completed listings, it's the same stuff over and over again. So apparently same dirtbag, same product, still casting.

Don't get me wrong, if you do get your stuff, most of it is fine. But if you end up in that group that isn't going to get them, well, let's just say these are fair warnings.

Edited by iceman-555

• 7 months later...

Wondering if anyone knows what happened to the Ebay resin seller rdfx fan? That person is no longer a registered used but I bought a couple of resin bodies from him and wonder if he changed his user ID or went out of business? I was just looking at the 67 Plymouth 2 door post that is a conversion for the '67 GTX and it's a nice casting - I should have bought several of them in retrospect. If he is still casting, I'd consider buying some of his other products.

It seems he has went back to an older name on there. Well at least someone has listings that look the same with the product and pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-CHEVY-TRUCK-SHORT-BED-1-25-SCALE-RESIN-/151602360344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234c347018

I think this is that seller now or should I say again.

Edited by 1930fordpickup

I THINK I'VE SEEN AT LEAST 3 OR 4 DIFFERENT ID'S SELLING WHAT I WAS TOLD TO BE THE OLD A/FX N-SCALE BODIES & PARTS.

THE SELLER THAT ANDY JUST POSTED SEEMS TO BE THE LATEST ONE. ALTHOUGH WITH FEWER CHOICES & HIGHER PRICES

I paid $9.00 plus very reasonable shipping for the '67 Plymouth and it is cast in a snow white resin and VERY nicely cast. I can't imagine hardly paying $9.00 for a glue bomb on Ebay these days. Today, most sellers charge what ever the traffic will bear and then a little bit just for auld Lang Syne. So many resin casters come and go but what the heck happens to their molds?? One thing I have learnt with resin is that if you want it, you better grab it if you can afford it because chances are that unless it is an established caster, the stuff may not be available tomorrow.

There was a guy on the bay a few years back that I bought a '61 Dodge Pheonix (Johan repop) from. One of the absolutely nicest resin kits I've ever seen, period. He just seems to have evaporated, too.

I have one of those Dodge Phoenix kits, too - very well done indeed! It's near the top of my "to build soon" pile, which means I should have it done in about ten years (haha).

used t be RDSXFAN (redsoxfan) I bought around 100 resin hoods from him...... never an issue then all of a sudden he started to get horrible feedback and guys were having problems.... name change.... same thing, then change again, then disappeared. a year later new account started and selling the same items ( very nice resin) claiming that her husband had left and she was selling the remainder of his stock.... I haven't bought from them since.

I have several of the items , Its very nice stuff,especially when you consider the price point.

I"ve only had one issue where it took me a few weeks to get my item,,,but I got it.

With the multiple users ID that the same stuff seems to get sold under and the on again and off again it seems of the seller to be on actually shipping product keeps me away

It seems he has went back to an older name on there. Well at least someone has listings that look the same with the product and pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-CHEVY-TRUCK-SHORT-BED-1-25-SCALE-RESIN-/151602360344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234c347018

I think this is that seller now or should I say again.

Whoever this guy is, he is the person who owns the old AF/X Resin's molds. I spoke to him via ebay a few weeks ago

used t be RDSXFAN (redsoxfan) I bought around 100 resin hoods from him...... never an issue then all of a sudden he started to get horrible feedback and guys were having problems.... name change.... same thing, then change again, then disappeared. a year later new account started and selling the same items ( very nice resin) claiming that her husband had left and she was selling the remainder of his stock.... I haven't bought from them since.

I bought from him as well and did have some trouble with him? He was having trouble fulfilling order because, supposedly, he couldn't get ahold of his caster. Did see the negative feedback start to pile up. He tried again with a few new IDs and ran into the same issue. Heard a different story from every new Id. Always claimed to be someone else but the feedback was always the same. Coincidence?

Member on another forum was taken for over $300 at one point. Seller just vanished.

I been watching his stuff again... I did have a problem out him getting my stuff to me. Told him Nashville wasn't but a 3 hour drive for me and I still had his shipping address... I will try him again but will do small orders at a time... They are very nice resin pieces

• 2 months later...

Spoke to them at the show in Crossville this past Saturday.. His name is Jeff and the new ID is legit... Mark was the last guy who was selling on there and got in trouble for selling stuff that wasnt casted... Another guy by the name of Wendal is who does all the casting and Jeff is the one selling them on Ebay now under the name of t.m.resin.. He runs Time Machine Resins also

but I think he said he was starting to close the website down http://www.timemachineresin.bravehost.com/index.html

Edited by slammedi'am

• 1 month later...

I had seen an ebay auction for the 69 Mustang Grande that was mentioned a few pages back early in 2014. It had sold already( apparently to the poster here who never got his), and me being desperate for a 69 Coupe I asked if he had another he would be putting on ebay. He said he had one that he would just sell to me. Not having read anything about him I agreed and sent the money. Which meant no recourse thru Ebay or Paypal. Yes, I can be an idiot at times.

We moved three months later in a bit of a rush (sudden opportunity/necessity) back to Phoenix and I kind of forgot about who I had bought it from but never received it. Well, this thread answered that question. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt and say to myself that it just got lost somewhere with the address change, but so far that hasn't helped me feel any better towards him.

Russ