Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Comet Pro Stock "Fast Eddie" Schartman

Reeves Racing

Well this kit may be pig but the car I modeled is one of my favorite Prostock cars of all time. The checkered paint job is just so cool. It dates the car but I don't care.

This is the Johan kit with Slixx's decals and some rear wheels from a Monogram 69 Camaro kit traded for from Chuck. The paint is Testers One Coat Lacquer "Inca Gold" with a fade using Duplicolor "Autumn Maple"

I used Duplicolor clear which was a little too hot for the Slixx decals and it wrinkled them. I tried not to go too heavy to fast but it did anyway. The chassis is the worst with no steeing linkage and molded in everything. I cut out the leaf spings but just brush painted everything else.

I did cut off the round front wheel houses and added some fender aprons from the parts box to make it look more like a Comet under the hood.

The engine is from the kit and it is nicely detailed with a seperate bell housing, transmission, seperator plate and nice detailed molding but has a GM starter?? I wired it and ran fuel lines.

The wheels and front bumper were stripped of chrome and re-done with Alclad II. The front wheels are from the kit and I had to add the lug nuts and the tires are from the kit too. It was a fun build.

DSC04674.jpg

DSC04676.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

DSC04675.jpg

DSC04677.jpg

Edited by Reeves Racing

• 1 month later...