Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 where do you get those? I'd love to have one for my lowboy. The dozer is too wide

Alan, here's a link to the kit that the excavator comes with. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ray-1-32-Peterbilt-379-w-Lowboy-Trailer-Challenger-Excavator-NRY11283-/321315452174

The truck and trailer are 1/32 scale, but the excavator is 1/25 scale. The link is for reference only. Shop around and you'll find these selling between 25 and 30 dollars. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What an outstanding conversion from a toy to a replica!!!! May I ask where you got the decals? I just bought one of the excvators and would like to decal it like yours is plus add somemore features. It looks kind of cheesy in its opriginal state but it sure transforms nicely with the proper colour and some extra detailing! Also - onemore question - how did you prepare the plastic for paint? A light scuff with some fine sand paper and laquer primer?

What an outstanding conversion from a toy to a replica!!!! May I ask where you got the decals? I just bought one of the excvators and would like to decal it like yours is plus add somemore features. It looks kind of cheesy in its opriginal state but it sure transforms nicely with the proper colour and some extra detailing! Also - onemore question - how did you prepare the plastic for paint? A light scuff with some fine sand paper and laquer primer?

Thanks Gary. I printed the decals myself. As far as prepping, I washed all parts thoroughly. For primer I always use Rustoleum light gray automotive primer.