Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiats' a Drag

Fender

This one has prob been talked about. I finished the Big D and started the Fiat 1'12. I'm not liking the tool too much. I can tell it's prob from the 60's because it appears to have the parts and tooling for the "motorized" version type kits from back then.. The chrome blows. It's thin and has crud under it. I don't like how the pipes go up in the air so I have to mod the steering to have them pointed down towards the dirt.. The plastic is brittle. I wonder if this one was sent to China molded over there? I didn't read the box. I'm building it anyway with a new dash and roll bars and intake and steering and more.

Anyone comment on the kit and maybe tell me somethin' I don't know.-- ?

Edited by Fender

Okay I'll just rant on.... now I see the holes in the engine block and bell housing. I did a search to find any topics on this model but did not come across any. Maybe I searched the wrong threads/topics? BTW the headers look pretty funky sticking up like they do - so the challenge of making some new ones will be interesting.

I'm betting this was not a popular kit by the time it was released and found it's way on to this site.. At a $50 price tag I have to wonder about the Fiat. It IS a lot of plastic and the price of plastic seems to go up all the time.. The black plastic is nice and glossy. The box is large. It's a very nice box. I actually like the Fiat kit and don't like it at the same time. What's with the fat frame and struts?

I wonder what car and year this kit was modeled from?

I wonder if I'll have spaghetti tonight?