Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gasser & AWB Community Build (Started.)

W-409

Hey Niko, add this to the list also. My latest project '55 Chevy Nomad Gasser. Starting point was Gluebomb but it was in very good shape. First i thought that im going to do lowrider of this but then my plans change when i got Gasser front axle from Revell '54 Chevy to my hands. :D Rear axle will be from Revell Oldsmobile Cutlass because it fits very well on its place with very small modifications. Chassis is the most challenging part of this project because i need to remove that molded exhaust pipe. It's removed now but it needs very much bondo and sanding and bondo... :D And the engine will be 426 Wedge with blower and fuel injection. Here's few pics of the first mock up and the chassis.

Here is the first mock up pic. It looks very good to my eye. B)

SAM_1065.jpg?t=1349027058

And the engine before i disassembled it. I hope that i get some paint to the engine block today.

SAM_1069.jpg?t=1349027115

And the Chassis. This was how it looked after i removed that exhauspipe...looks much better in pic than in person.

SAM_1071.jpg?t=1349199945

And this was how it looks after some styrene and first coat of bondo. Looks pretty rough to me but i hope it getting better after lots of bondo and sanding.

SAM_1072.jpg?t=1349200128

Added you to the list! B) Thanx for joining in.

Mopar engine in a Chevy? :lol: Just kidding, it looks great! I'll be watching this one, it will look amazing when finished, as your builds always do. Good luck with the exhaust pipe, I've done that few times on Monogram '57 or '56 Chevy kits, and it's really tricky.

I got the Simca top painted yesterday with Maston Gold, and it looks good. Luckily there were no leaks or anything, tomorrow I'll clearcoat it. Also I'm building the chassis and interior, mostly detail stuff left.

PA040110_zpse0760ba8.jpg

PA040112_zps25646b39.jpg

Niko, your Simca's paint job looks very nice so far and i think its getting much better after clearcote. B) Do you put some decals to the body?

And small update to Nomad. Couple days a go i painted engine block gloss red and transmission is painted aluminium. Yesterday evening i glued oilpan on it's place and made by using styrene some kind of plate (or whats the real word of that) under that blower and intake manifold because it looked so stupid without that. :D It is painted aluminium also but i dont have good pic of that. Today i glued intake manifold and blower on their places. I also put distributor to the engine and put plug wires. I think that this is going to be one of my best looking engines what i'm build. I also continued chassis and now it pretty good but needs some work. If i have good luck i might get some primer and black paint on it Sunday but lets see. :)

SAM_1077.jpg?t=1349457525

SAM_1080.jpg?t=1349457537

Edited by ChevyCoupe41

Thanks, Matti. I'm not sure about the decals yet. If I find some good looking, period correct decals, I might use them. But let's see it tomorrow when I start looking and my decal stash. ;)

Nomad looks great, too! The engine really is one of your bests, even if I like your Simca's engine a lot too. Great progress with the chassis also, it's coming along nice and fast. B)

Thank's Niko! Yeah it's coming along very fast and now i have new update. B) Today I finished engine and i'm very happy to the result. I also cut hole to the hood for blower and it's looks very good to me also. Tomorrow body and chassis will get some paint on it. Only problem is that I dont have any idea what color i will paint body but let's see what I find on our garage. :D

SAM_1082.jpg?t=1349534438

SAM_1091.jpg?t=1349534470

Next i have to start planning interior colors and what kind of rollgage i'm going to do.

Engine looks fantastic B) ! Roll cage can be fairly simple in this kind of car. For my '57 Nomad Gasser that I did few years ago, I fabricated simple roll bar (bit like in your Simca). That should be enough, I guess.

Little inspiration:

kA_640.jpg

I managed to get decals on, only a few sponsors this time. They were old decals and were quite difficult to get set right, but they're okay and I'm planning to clear coat this one tomorrow. Also I got the battery installed.

PA060153_zps82d17c8b.jpg

PA060154_zps1a7008f3.jpg

PA060164_zps76b6557e.jpg

Edited by W-409

That Nomad gave me lots of more inpiration! Thank's Niko! ;) And your Simca looks very good! Cant wait to see it finished in person. ;)

And update to Nomad. It's painted now and i'm very happy to the result. Color is Motox silver and clear coat is Maston metallic so there's a lots of sparkle on that body. B) Hood and Chassis is painted semigloss black. Now i had to paint rear and front axles and front wheels so i can start chassis assembly. Here's one pic of body.

SAM_1096.jpg?t=1349715075

This ride is looking awesome,,,great power plant,, And i really like the bat. terminal's. Hell,- I'm trying to work on my vette, but I've got prior build's

that I want to finish so I can put some good time on it

P.S.---Every thing out here is looking really good.. GREAT work guy's -- and any one looking,, join us and build till those little bad boy's CRAMP UP!!!

Michaelj...

Edited by MichaelJ

It's coming along guy's, Along with this one, I had 2 other car's come to a piont, so I clear'd all 3 Sat. This should be-might-maybe done this week.

Here's a couple pics. hope ya like it. I didn't get carried away with the detail on this one, just want'd to keep it simple... Enjoy..

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

Michaelj... OOP"S 3 pic's

Here ya go guy's, here it is. I put some finishing touch's on the int.,put the battery in the trunk,finished the fuel line, and tried to make it look as good as possible.

More pic's will be in the drag forum. Thank's for having me along...

Michaelj...

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

There ya have it guy's...

• 1 month later...

My attempt at a Gasser. I usually like having pics of original vehicles to help but could'nt find any of a 50 Chev Pickup Gasser.

Using the Badman kit for suspension and the 3100 Chev pickup kit for everything else.

A parts bin SS 427 Blown and Injected. ( Different engine from the one shown in the pics.)

IMG_2733_1024x682_zps5ec49a2f.jpg

IMG_2732_1024x682_zpseaaa6ee7.jpg