Model Cars Magazine Forum

About the only markings you need is a white star on the doors. The thing is, the C600 was not used in the military. They are about the only organization on earth who didn't use them but the military had other vehicles to fill it's role. Most transport vehicles used during the period the kit represents were diesel also, usually using the Continental 468 multifuel motor that could run on various low grade fuels.

Image24.jpg

1104121803.jpg?t=13522015181106120627.jpg?t=1352201696had this done yesterday. olive suspension black frame blue engine and a silver driveshaft. only a half day of school today (ends at 10:07) so ill have a pretty full day to work on it. I know its not suposed to be blue but its a ford i like the blue engines even my modern fords have blue engines cuz thats how it was in the old days and i like the old days more than these days. Edited by Platerpants

did some work on the cab came up with my own bumper id things(i have no knowledge on military vehicle id-ing) the ford lettering and logo are painted sand beige. cab is not glued down yet still gotta get other stuff done for it. any idea of how i should do the side markers and cab lights?securedownload-6.jpg?t=1352227421

There will be no chrome on a tactical vehicle, and very little in the way of distinctive markings. The "FORD" & the logo would also be green. Everything would be the same color (body, frame, engine, driveshaft, interior)

As for the bumper numbers, the numbers on the passenger side front is the unit (on my M927 is XVIII ABN/43ADA), while the number on the drivers side front is the vehicle number (C-11 in my case, which stands for Battery C, Vehicle 11). These numbers are switched on the rear of the vehicle.

I think you have a good concept, and are off to a good start.

There will be no chrome on a tactical vehicle, and very little in the way of distinctive markings. The "FORD" & the logo would also be green. Everything would be the same color (body, frame, engine, driveshaft, interior)

As for the bumper numbers, the numbers on the passenger side front is the unit (on my M927 is XVIII ABN/43ADA), while the number on the drivers side front is the vehicle number (C-11 in my case, which stands for Battery C, Vehicle 11). These numbers are switched on the rear of the vehicle.

I think you have a good concept, and are off to a good start.

thanks. and thanks for all the info it really is nice to know someone can help me with this idea. just a little side note there is one of these that is bright orange that drives around geauga county(the county i live in) i think its an old tree eater truck cuz it tows around an orange trailer that looks like a tree eater.