Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Lonestar 1st test shot

That's a slick looking truck! I'm looking forward to your review.

I noticed on your ther video where you talked about the kit & the assembly, the exterior of the interior bucket looked like it was tan. Was your test shot model molded in tan, it was that paint? Will this kit be molded in white?

I thoug you guys got a lot of snow?

Jim,

The kit was molded in tan/gray plastic. I painted the interior gray with the "brick" accents.

I don't know what color it will be molded in.

I'm in the "banana belt" for snow. While everyone around me gets blanketed with feet of snow, my town gets it's usual 2-4 inches. (I am not complaining).

Tim

That's a slick looking truck! I'm looking forward to your review.

I noticed on your ther video where you talked about the kit & the assembly, the exterior of the interior bucket looked like it was tan. Was your test shot model molded in tan, it was that paint? Will this kit be molded in white?

I thoug you guys got a lot of snow?

Tim, you owe me a new keyboard, since this one is probably ruined by DROOL!!! B)

This has just jumped from a "Must Buy" to a "I will do anything to have more than one" buy! It is just simply amazing!! Beautiful work as always, Tim.

Tim,

That is a really nice result!!!

I have to say once again that this kit is very very nice!!!

Of course I must say also that this test shot model truck kit, builded by Tim's hands with that amaising Tim's touch, should/must be used for the box art....

PS1. Thanks you Dave, Thanks you Moebius, for this superb kit.

PS2. Tim, when was your latest update of your site? All I can see is 6th of December. Is that corect or I have a problem with my link?

BTW, Marry Xmass to all!!!

Kostas.

The last update to the main page was the 6th. I haven't added anything on my in progress page concerning the LoneStar. As for Box Art? I doubt it.. mine doesn't have the decals or the nameplate script on the doors.

Tim

Tim,

That is a really nice result!!!

I have to say once again that this kit is very very nice!!!

Of course I must say also that this test shot model truck kit, builded by Tim's hands with that amaising Tim's touch, should/must be used for the box art....

PS1. Thanks you Dave, Thanks you Moebius, for this superb kit.

PS2. Tim, when was your latest update of your site? All I can see is 6th of December. Is that corect or I have a problem with my link?

BTW, Marry Xmass to all!!!

Kostas.

Thanks to Dave and to Moebius,

this fully new kit looks excellent. We all truck modellers were waiting for such a big new thing!

I've seen in youtube the assembled truck from Tim: this is really a pleasure to see this.

In summary, I guess that once it comes to thte market, succes for the Lonestar is guaranteed!

Regards,

Jaume

Truckmodels universdecamions

Edited by pegaso

Tim,

As I am a PETERBILT fan because of you, and because you are the only one who have already build the new Lonestar kit, I would like to ask you a favor... :D;)

If it is not forbiten, could you please upload here a few pictures of the Lonestar in comparison with some of your PETERBILT kits. I mean that I am curious about the length, the height of the new kit.

I hope that what I am asking is not forbiten and is not a big deal fo you...

Greetings,

Kostas.

Kostas,

The LoneStar is 1/25th scale, the majority of my Peterbilts are 1/24th Italeri kits. The LoneStar is longer than the Italeri 377/378. The tires and wheels in the LoneStar are smaller. Parking a Revell of Germany Peterbilt 359 next to the LoneStar and you can see they are in scale together.

Tim

Tim,

As I am a PETERBILT fan because of you, and because you are the only one who have already build the new Lonestar kit, I would like to ask you a favor... :D;)

If it is not forbiten, could you please upload here a few pictures of the Lonestar in comparison with some of your PETERBILT kits. I mean that I am curious about the length, the height of the new kit.

I hope that what I am asking is not forbiten and is not a big deal fo you...

Greetings,

Kostas.

Tim,

Thanks for posting the pics and the video of your build-up. That's an outstanding piece of work.

I must say I'm very pleased with the kit we'll be putting on shelves!

Dave,

THANK YOU and your team for creating such an awesome kit! It looks to be even better than we dared hope for!!

Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays - and enjoy the Happy New Year!

Dan

Tim,

Thanks you for your reply.

Yes you 're right, there is a small diference between 1/24 & 1/25 scales,but you know what, I bet that as me the most guys here, will put their Lonestar builts next to their 1/24 models on the same selves.

So I think that it would be very interesting to see the Lonestar kit next to other 1/24 or 1/25 trucks.

Please don't take me wrong about this.

Kostas.

Kostas,

The LoneStar is 1/25th scale, the majority of my Peterbilts are 1/24th Italeri kits. The LoneStar is longer than the Italeri 377/378. The tires and wheels in the LoneStar are smaller. Parking a Revell of Germany Peterbilt 359 next to the LoneStar and you can see they are in scale together.

Tim