Model Cars Magazine Forum

Doggone it , Stacy David !

Saturday afternoon , Kathie asked what I felt like doing that evening . Thought about it for a second , then I said , " Lets go shopping , I'll use up my gift cards "

First stop , Best Buy ! CDs for $4.99 , I bought 18 of them ! Shop music !

Next stop , Michaels ! Walk to the model isle , we're looking at kits . She stops , looks , then asks , " What is this ? " she's holding a brochure for Revell's National Contest with Stacy David's smiling face on it !

" It's a contest " , I said . " I can read " , was her reply ! " My question has two parts " , she said . " First off , how long has this been going on , and secondly , why haven't you entered ? "

My reply that this was the third year for the contest caused her right eyebrow to begin rising . This is never a good sign ! Lmao ! My flippant answer to the second part of the question caused the her eyes to narrow . That is never , ever , a good sign ! No longer lmao !

She went down through the list of the possible entries .... Yuck , yuck , double yuck , no way , and uh uh ! I thought I was in the clear .... But nooooooo ! She reached up on the shelf and pulled the '41 Chevy pickup out .

" Here you go " , she said . " And it will be done by May. 15 th , got it ? " Now , as this is all going on , three guys are in the isle with us , taking all this in . They are trying , without much luck to hold it all in , and failing miserably !

As we walk past them , I asked if they thought it was funny , and they immediately burst out laughing ! I them told them if they thought that was funny , wait until I tell their significant others who were standing at the end of the aisle , about their husbands secret stash of model kits !

They quit laughing and one said to me , " Oh Dear God , mister , please don't do that , she'd kill me if she found that out ! " " Besides , how did you know ? "

I told him , " All young modelers have secret stashes , us older guys don't have to worry about that ! " Kathie and I walked out of the store laughing like two loons !

So thanks to Stacy David and his smiling face , I have a new project and a deadline !

Doggone it !

Thank you for the good laugh Donn.

So, I am not the only person who can not walk by the CD'S at Best Buy . After 800 plus you would thing I have enough music. :)

There is never enough music , into the airbrush booth and just crank it up ! One of the neighbors told Kathie he loves when I'm painting , says he loves to listen cause there is such a wide variety coming out of the shop . Plus , it drowns out his wife when she's yelling at him ! Lmao !

Guest G Holding

Ohhhhhhh , thank you very much ! Now I'm really confused ! Should I go chronological at 56 ( Seniors ) Mental state ( 18 ) Heart ( 21 ) whaaaat ?

Hey....YOU wanna be "The Old Man" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Even my kids call me Old Man , the youngest since she was a little girl . Once upon a time , this was considered a slight or better yet , a sign of disrespect . I love it , I earned it !

Someone calls me "Mr Yost " , I tell them the guy that earned that moniker lives in Scott Twp , the one I call Dad ! Lol !

Speaking of kick in the marbles or application there of .....D , where ... Are ..... My ....... Zombies ..... ?????? Lol !

Ummm...my dogs ate them? They went to go eat some other persons brains, coz they couldn't find any in my house? I'm too rotten for them to eat? LOL!!! Man, I gotta redo all of the arm molds coz they totally suck!! The bodies are coming out decent, but geez, the arms man!! Garbage!! I WILL NOT sell, or give any junk to anyone! They're on the back burner for now...been yacking with some REAL sculptors on how to do these the right way.

I spouted off too soon about them, need to get my" you know what together" before I say that they're done! Send me a pm with yer address, I'll ship ya something out!! Not sure what that will be yet!? :blink: LOL!!! I also got some better resin & RTV from smooth-on, haven't tried that brand...yet D

Hey, look at it this way. Building that model will be a heck of a lot better than the "Honey Do List"!!!!!!!!! Think about it now!!!!!! LOL By the way does your wife have a sister? Or could she at least shed some light on my wife.......

Hey, look at it this way. Building that model will be a heck of a lot better than the "Honey Do List"!!!!!!!!! Think about it now!!!!!! LOLBy the way does your wife have a sister? Or could she at least shed some light on my wife.......

Uh uh ! No sisters ! As for shedding light , nope , she's wired completely different than most females and doesn't relate well with the status quo ! Thank God ! Lol !

Her honey do list ? I need to install the new a/c condensing unit at her house . My honey do list ? A mile long and ever growing at my house !

No , we're not married ! I'm allergic to it ! Been there , done that , not on my bucket list ! Lol !

Uh uh ! No sisters ! As for shedding light , nope , she's wired completely different than most females and doesn't relate well with the status quo ! Thank God ! Lol !

Her honey do list ? I need to install the new a/c condensing unit at her house . My honey do list ? A mile long and ever growing at my house !

No , we're not married ! I'm allergic to it ! Been there , done that , not on my bucket list ! Lol !

Lucky guy you are!!!!!!!! My wife says I can't get anymore kits 'cause "We can't afford it". Little does she know.

Really Donn? Your honey-do list includes building a model, something you do for fun, and you are complaining? Man, my heart bleeds for you, you poor henpecked guy. :lol:

Lmao ! Rob , I've been called many things , but henpecked ain't one of 'em , my boy ! While I can't relate to the spouses reactions to the hobby aspect , I can sympathize otherwise ! Softball caused more wars in my household then I could begin to count !

Once again , very lucky ! Kathie loves softball , she coaches , keeps score , and travels with me to the tournaments . As I said , she's a guys kinda girl , no la la about her ! Lol !

Oh , she owns half the business , builds herself , and loves the model car world ! Life is just soooo tough for me ......... Lmao !