Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I finally got one of my holy grail kits I've been looking for to complete my collection of tractor/truck pullers there's one other one call pulldozer made by Amt but its the same truck as the mad mudder but it's even harder to find

Your lucky basterd, :lol: the orange blossem, is an great kit.

After losing out (as in more than I was willing to pay) on a couple of these earlier in 2013, I managed to find this one by accident trying to describe the box art to someone else. Being the first one I've seen in months, I bid on it on a lark, and committed a little highway robbery in the process as these rarely even start below $20, let alone winning it for less than $15.

Still don't understand why this, and the '58 that proceeded it have never been reissued.

post-6831-0-13076600-1384459770_thumb.jp

Edited by niteowl7710

Hey Joe. Company is ARII. Looks to be a decent kit but don't know how it will build up. Unlike a lot of kits from Japan this one does have and engine and opening doors. I does however have a less than great interior and chassis. Exhaust molded in and it looks as if at one time the kit was offered motorized. All in all not a great kit but it may build up as a OK display piece. We shall see if I ever get to it.

Thanks for that update. I wonder if the body can be pur on revell 70 chassis?

After losing out (as in more than I was willing to pay) on a couple of these earlier in 2013, I managed to find this one by accident trying to describe the box art to someone else. Being the first one I've seen in months, I bid on it on a lark, and committed a little highway robbery in the process as these rarely even start below $20, let alone winning it for less than $15.

Still don't understand why this, and the '58 that proceeded it have never been reissued.

Cool. Does it have a one piece body like the '58 or a multi like the '60?

Joe.

Cool. Does it have a one piece body like the '58 or a multi like the '60?

Joe.

Despite the Monogram box, this was the "modified" reissue of the 1958 Corvette Revell ProModeler tool. So it's the new (well late-90's new) tooling, one piece body. Perhaps it's never been reissued since it was some what of an odd duck (read slow sales) being a new Revell tool, released in 2002, in a Monogram box. Shades of things to come it can be built as a bone stock '59 or has some flame decals and the large diameter wheels -- prelude to the "California Wheels" marketing line of kits.

Edited by niteowl7710

eBay has been busy taking my money! Some more Japanese cars.
DSCN3644-vi.jpg
DSCN3698-vi.jpg

Some NASCAR's, some of which might end up as flared fendered street cars.
DSCN3656-vi.jpg

And some American cars. Did the Capri when I was a kid, so call it a nostalgia buy. More VIP style wheels.
DSCN3692-vi.jpg

I got these as a gift from a very good friend of mine. THANKS!!!

DSCN9128.jpg

So the GTO is unbuilt, actually it's Sealed Inside and that will be built either Factory Stock or a mild Street Machine.

'62 Bel Air is nicely built, as is the Chevelle and El Camino:

DSCN9134.jpg

DSCN9148.jpg

DSCN9159.jpg

Also there was the Flintstones '31 Ford Chop Top Resin body... B)

And then I bought this:

DSCN9124.jpg

I don't have any pics but I got a new rotary tool from Sam's Club as well as a new Paasche D500 compressor, 10ft air hose, cleaning kit and finally some quick connect fittings from Chicago Airbrush Suppy. Yesterday, I also got hardware put into my ankle.

Woohoo! Recovery time = building time.

Edited by BluePopsicle

Couple of things off eBay to add to my Lexus collection.

First one I've seen of this since the one popped up here a few days ago - which is the first one I had seen in months. Easy to find the VIP car, but the stock one, not so much.

post-6831-0-48955900-1384626612_thumb.jp

Then I got a Tamiya Lexus LS 400 for an absolute steal. Well I had it at an absolute steal...until the USPS got ahold of it. When my mail lady came up to me and handed me a box that looked like it had been run over by a lawnmower. "Some parts fell out I think, we got it this way"... Inside the box (which was well packed)...

post-6831-0-56616500-1384626623_thumb.jp

Since the kit was unsealed the seller put packing peanuts around the bagged runners...fat lot of good that did

post-6831-0-94822700-1384626645_thumb.jp

BUT there is a bright side. The same seller a few days later got another half dozen Lexus kits consigned to them, and they cracked one open to rob the body. So today a nice body shell showed up. Really a credit to the seller who went above and beyond to fix the problem the USPS created.

post-6831-0-40504000-1384626655_thumb.jp

BUT there is a bright side. The same seller a few days later got another half dozen Lexus kits consigned to them, and they cracked one open to rob the body. So today a nice body shell showed up. Really a credit to the seller who went above and beyond to fix the problem the USPS created.

Its great that the seller came through for you and took care of it

Makes two of us. I grabbed mine about two months ago.

And of course, when I go to use it, I can't find it!

Very good tool, though, you'll enjoy using it.

Charlie Larkin

I have used it a few times and I do like it, dont know why I waited so long

Got some more unbuilt oldies off eBay in the mail yesterday....MPC 1/32 Ferrari 250LM and a pair of 1977-vintage Monogram curbsides--yellow Porsche Carrera and a red Porsche 924. I remember seeing those two in the store as a kid, never had them until now.

Edited by Rob Hall

I had a pretty good week. I bought an unbuilt, original IMC Mustang II, A '50 Olds Custom, Ford Race Car Hauler, and I won an AMT 2010 Camaro SS Coupe, and another '50 Olds Custom in our club's raffle. Now I can do a Stock, Nascar, and Custom '50 Olds. On the Olds, I plan to chop the top, do a tuck and roll on the interior, and some body clean-up and customization.

Unfortunately on the Mustang ll, I broke the brittle plastic body along the rocker panel. Fortunately I have one of the Lindberg reissues.

Had a good day, attended my first model show today and bought all of this cool stuff!!!

10893310793_fb77780e5a_c.jpg
IMG_9507 by jrherald420, on Flickr
19 sets of rims, 8 sets of rims and tires and a bag of tools.

10893046316_c183e854f1_c.jpg
IMG_9508 by jrherald420, on Flickr

Oh yeah i also entered 3 of my models for the first time ever.............................................................

AND WON 1ST in the Pre 1948 class AND 2nd in the Replica Stock class!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO~!

10893009005_793eddc544_c.jpg
IMG_9510 by jrherald420, on Flickr

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...