Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL 25...Exactly a year from today!...Who will be there from this forum?

simonr

I originated in Minnesota (Bemidji) in 1950, but I'm a Californian all the way...since 1963

Anyplace east of the Mississippi is too humid for me

My buddy Raul Perez and I are planning on making an appearance @ the GSL next year

It'll be the 1st appearance at the GSL for both of us.

Let's have a beer and NOT talk Minnesotan!

Can't miss it, and I already have a reasonably good idea on how I can torture a '56 Ford Vic to lose of one of its wheels for the Group 15 category...

Two out of three GSL fans can't wait, Russell!

:lol::rolleyes::lol:

Shoudn't that be 3 out of 4? :lol::D Russell seriously needs to build a real model!!!!!

Silly Andy. I recently learned that the oddball designer Gus Marktavson changed his name in the '60s to "Red" Eoth to get away from being plagued with his design flops, thus a model of what folks called his "Mysterysteerin' Rod Agent" yellow three-wheeled car would be a real model. I could even enter it in GSL's Replica class. And by sheer coincidence, Eoth's car was based on a '56 Ford Victoria.

Edited by Russell C

For those of you that for any chace haven't see yet the new design of the GSL with even real time counting to the show's date and all, no doubt about it'll be a very special one and a very special celebration...Oh I love the SLC area with all those snow mountains around the city..beautifull :

http://www.gslchampionship.org/

Simón P. Rivera Torres

I hope to 1: be there as long as the weather is good. 2: I have something the throw on the table.

Well #1 is up to mother nature and well uh # 2 is whether or not I get my lazy a$$ going and finish something. many in the works nothing done

Tim

Hey Chas, you know how it is..surprise after surprise....maybe we end up filming the new Batman movie since we have all the caracters..hahaha :P

Wonder where my Puerto Rican clan is going to kidnap me next year on are normal sight seeing days?

I say we head down into the canyons in the south part for a day

Funny thing... after all the great places we found in Salt Lake City, including Crown Burger.. the best meal I had out there was down in Bonneville. Right when you get off the highway, the only thing there is a large gas station / convenience store with a small truckers cafe next door. In that cafe we had the best Mexican food we ever had.. made by real Mexicans!

Hi Len, I remember also a sort of Italian restaurant just a couple of blocks away behind the hotel in the same direction of the all-you-can-it sushi restaurant. I remember the New Towsburgh model car club invited my little son and me after I took them to the greatmodels.com warehouse in Sandy, real close to the model cars museum. Remember that warehouse, Len?...That place was missed so, and so much last GSL by me. They moved to Mississippi, though. :(

Simón P. Rivera Torres

I want to go to Maxwell's downtown and Tin Roof Cafe in Sandy. Just saw them on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives w/ Guy Fieri.

Edited by simonr

Tom, last year I went along with my two buddies, Mike and Chas to a real nice Mexican restaurant placed in downtown SLC also with real mexicans doing all the tasty Mexican arsenal like tacos duros, tacos suaves, flautas, chimichangas, botanas, etc, etc...yuummmm yuuummm!!

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Funny thing... after all the great places we found in Salt Lake City, including Crown Burger.. the best meal I had out there was down in Bonneville. Right when you get off the highway, the only thing there is a large gas station / convenience store with a small truckers cafe next door. In that cafe we had the best Mexican food we ever had.. made by real Mexicans!

Edited by simonr

Hi Len, I remember also a sort of Italian restaurant just a couple of blocks away behind the hotel in the same direction of the all-you-can-it sushi restaurant. I remember the New Towsburgh model car club invited my little son and me after I took them to the greatmodels.com warehouse in Sandy, real close to the model cars museum. Remember that warehouse, Len?...That place was missed so, and so much last GSL by me. They moved to Mississippi, though. :(

Simón P. Rivera Torres

I do remember going to a hobby shop with you Simon.

Hey Danno, it'll be real nice to see the moonlight modelers again...No BBQ this time?...hahahaha

Simón P. Rivera Torres

There should be a fairly good contingent of Moonlight Modelers on hand for the 25th.

We have a little donation for the museum and we plan to deliver it then. B)