Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toyota Supra

om617

Why not step into a genre you never tried before,this is what i asked myself. The MK4 Supra is maby one

of the most hyped up supercar from Japan ever made. These cars despite having a cheap hard plastic

interior,common on many 90s cars do have a very classic shape to it,i really like it if not riced out with

bodykit`s and screaming colors,subjective taste from my side of coarse. I will skip the rear spoiler,maby

go for a more clean and dragrace-ish look over the track styled stuff. Did order the single turbo set-up

from Model Meister,and a big turbo from Hobby Design. The wheels will hopefully be here soon. Did modify

the exhaust by removing the two middle mufflers with a straigh pipe. Kept the original rear muffler,this will

get a 4" tip to it when it`s done. I ordered some braided hose,so this will be my first time attempting this

stuff for detail.

Well,this is how far i am now. Thanks for looking.

032.jpg

030.jpg

Sounds like a solid plan, should turn out to be a nice example of this car. I agree with you that the street fighter styling can get get to be too much alot of the time.

Thanks,less is more sometimes. Got clear on it now so the worst is over. Here are the wheels that will go on this.

Rims.jpg

4435024964_b067741c05_b.jpg

Those wheels look great!

I would reconsider, at least on the factory wing. When the manufacturer puts a wing like that on a car, or like the Impreza WRX, or Lancer EVO, its for a reason. Especially since you're puttin' a bigger turbo on it. These aren't Ford Contours.

http://youtu.be/Vyau3VUVVtI?t=2m40s

There's a Straight Six Community build, if you wan't to throw your hat into the ring ;)

Edited by Zarana-X

The wing was optional on turbo cars from the factory :)

Maybe I'm completely missing the sarcasm, but the wing was standard from the factory on turbo models.

However, I'm not saying you have to put it on. IMO, they don't look right but everyone has their own taste. I think this is going to be a beautiful car.

No there is no sarcasm,the spoiler was optional on the turbo model.

You can get this kit on Ebay now from 14$ and up.

Perhaps it changed during the production run from an option to standard? I never heard it being an option and have never seen one without it unless it was deliberately removed.

• 2 weeks later...

The wing was also hollow to save weight.

Here is a little mock-up. The turbo is huge compared to the two stock ones. Comes in many separate

pieces and also include a intercooler. This stuff need plenty of cleaning to look decent.

006.jpg

Wheels make the tires stick out of the fenders with the original track,so here somthing need to be

done,because i dont want any silly camber. The wheels are nice cast with minmum of flash.

010.jpg

You can remove centers.

011.jpg

Thanks.

Painted the wheels today,used Alclad over black gloss Tamiya and turned out okay. I notice i should have

done an attempt at use foil on reflectors on the headlights instead of chrome silver,but the instructions said

chrome silver,oh well.

Here is how it sit right now. Thanks for looking.

015.jpg

Dude I love this build.

Giving me lots of ideas for mine! Thanks for the link on the rims btw. Where did you find the turbo kit? That thing is massive.

You are welcome. The turbo kit is from Model Meister ,and need some clean up and sanding before it looks decent.

Here are the parts in this kit. They also have complete engine with this setup and other japanese engines.

post-11584-0-34963100-1423788370_thumb.j