Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "FreakShow" new project 1/12/13

John Teresi

Hello........thank you all so very much for your kind comments.......I asked my friend Eric "TRUESCALE": a full blown custom car painter advice on the colors for this paint job..........I finished the body work and shot the H.O.K. white base coat.......then I shot the H.O.K. snow white pearl.......then I mixed a custom "Cotton Candy" color using H.O.K. snow white pearl with a few drops of H.O.K. Kandy pink and a few drops of Dupont pink........then I fogged the body with H.O.K Kandy pink........I will do the flames in a couple of days after the paint cures.......thanks for looking.

DSCF6836_zpsf1815597.jpg

DSCF6837_zps30c04aa7.jpg

DSCF6840_zpsc2a5e3b8.jpg

DSCF6841_zps2b695dc8.jpg

DSCF6842_zps0f59d9f8.jpg

DSCF6844_zps3d9b9fa0.jpg

John. What is your putty of choice?

Your model is boss.

Hi Gary..........I use 3M Acryla-Blue glazing putty.........it comes in a white and blue tube and cost around $20.00......it will last a long long time if stored correctly.........I will add a picture of it on my next build........thanks

This is really a Handful, You've blown me away with this build, I don't think that you've left anything off from this Buld John !!

I have a dumb question for you, have you put this build on a Scale yet? myself I can't think of a thing that is wrong withit, and I'm a nit picker at Heart!!

This is a Front Page Build for sure!!

John Keep on Keeping On, You DA MAN !!

Hi Michael.......This build is 1/24 scale and is all plastic.......it does not weigh much.......thanks

Man oh Man, if I ever wanted to paint something pink, this would be the color.

Your painting skills are overshadowed by the details, but they are every bit the equal.

The color could not have turned out nicer.

Amazing....(after i read all the blabla-pages about valvecovers and personal stuff that doesn't matter :rolleyes: ) your bodywork looks so easy, when you post your progress...just amazing and i'm speechless as always, watch your progress.

And now i wait till you do the "flamejob". Perhaps, you can show a little step-by-step pictures, how you handle it?

BTW: i am a big fan of your work and always read your builts. Your skills are amazing...go on John!

Edited by Dominik