Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Car Contest, Toronto, eh!

Howard Cohen

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to try and attend again this year.... hope to have my Chev convertible done in time. Their swap meet was excellent...last year I cleaned up!!

On a side note, their web site doesn't have pics of last years show up yet:(

Edited by brewsterg6

Good thing to remember...if you are crossing the border, take your passport. Mine finally showed up last week after a small error was found in my original application. If you are crossing the border, make sure you bring a copy of the contest flyer with you to show where you are going. I always do when heading to the US and it makes the crossing easier.

As of today, we have 24 vendors tables paid for...only 1 hobby store, the rest are private sellers.

I was in my local hobby shop this past weekend. They didn't have any info on the show nor have they been contacted about a table. Not even a flyer. The shop is in the GTA and has sponsored past events, had a table (or two) last year and even judged last years show.

I let them know about the show and the post on this site. Maybe also posting the contest on some other forum websites?

I wish I knew about this show sooner. I now have less than a month to get ready.

Can you please tell me the name of the hobby shop? (a rpivate email would be great) I have given out flyers to our club members and they were distributed to every hobby shop in the GTA, except one who won't take any. I have personally been to 7 shops in the GTA plus mailing to 50 plus outside the GTA. Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...