Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toledo Show

Patrick K.

I'm used to going to local shows around the Metro Detroit area. For the first time, in a very long time, my slate is clear around the time of the Toledo show. Tell me your impressions. How many days is it? What is the vendor selection like? (Does Mr. Holthaus bring his treasures there?)

I've heard good things in the past; but as the economy has soured and the local shows have gotten smaller, I don't know if this show has been affected as well. Generally speaking, I would like to know if it is truly worth the trek out there. TIA

Depends on what your expectations are. The NNL is the grandaddy of them all. Many of the top model cars in the nation (and other parts of the world) will be on display. Model count usually ranges from 800 - 1000.

The vendor count is way down from where it was 15 to 20 years ago, but still a very good selection of aftermarket folks. Yes, Don Holthaus is there every year along with many other TOP aftermarket people.

Patrick, I quit going to Toledo 15 or so years ago caz it was a MADHOUSE!!!! But I went to the NNL last year, (Didn't bother to check out the toy show!) And it was MODEL CAR HEAVEN!!! It's the closest thing I can imagine that the GSL would be!

I Met Gregg there, Mr Obsessive,MR.BIGGS,MR.1/16th,Billy Kingsley,Ed Fluck an his wife, Just TOO many folks to remember! IT WAS GREAT!!! I'm goin again this year,and probly every year till it's or I'm gone!!! :D:wub:B) GO to it!

I drive from Toronto for the weekend, arriving Friday and returning Sunday, abour 4.5 hours each way, plus a border crossing. I have been going since the early 80's. I have never seen a bad show. The NNL is usually crowded but we will see what the new building is like. There are many great people to see and chat with, more so than the models. Shopping? I don't know...how big is your wallet and the trunk of your car? I didn't shop the past couple of years but I will this year. The aftermarket vendors will keep your eyes and mind boggling and who knows what kits will show up. Yeah, it's worth the drive.

Well, after what you guys have said and some persistent dredging up of some old posts, with/without pics, I'm goin' to Toledo for a few days!

I'm not sure who's more excited, me or my wife!? :unsure::unsure:

Dude, it's in your back yard. You should go. There a guys who live a lot father that wish they were as close to it as you.

I've been through the peaks and valleys of the show and its always a good time.

Toledo is my favorite show of the year, hands down! I started going in 2007 and I wouldn't miss it for anything now.

Perks...

Like Lyle said 800 plus models entered.

If you want to make friends and see friends , this is the best social gathering I have been to.

When I go, it's non-stop laughs, good chats....it's just a GREAT time!

Vendors range from Modelhaus, Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland, Jimmy Flintstone, R&R Resins, Johan, Bud Lefevre and many , many more.

Lyle also said many of the best modelers around, he's right....some real drool material!

I have never been to another show where so many people are friendly and eager to meet you.

Out of the countless people that showed up last year, I was able to at least gather these guys

for a photo outside. To me, that's a lot of people at one show...all of us are friends and know each

other either in person or from these forums we go to.

Picture1vi-vi.jpg

Here are my photos from last year and I didn't take photos of everything, there are so many people to talk to you really don't have enough time.

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc...ationals-maume/

Yeah, An I was actin stoopid an lookin at all the cars, so I never heard the call to go outside an be in the pic! I'll DEFENATELY be listnin harder this year! REALLY lookin forward ta seein ALL my forum Brothers again this year, and hopefully meet MANY more! REALLY sorry that Gregg won't be able to make it, but i KNOW he'll be there in spirit!!! B););)

• 2 weeks later...