Model Cars Magazine Forum

The GLUE BOMB Invitational.

DiscoSpud

...And the last one..MPC '67 Bonneville ragtop. Yeah, this one should be interesting..to go back to stock, I need to locate an interior, chassis, and a stock motor...

IMG_0703-1.jpg

Allow me to be the devil's advocate here. From the looks of this I'm guessing that mid-engined thingee was perhaps a kit option?

Personally, I think you should rebuild it as it sits. It's different, wacky and so far out of the box, it destroyed the box as it left. On a contest table this would stand out like it was neon. Just my $.02.

Rob,

Naw, I'll keep it stock, your right though, it would be cool as a mid engine hotrod :lol:

Update on the Dueseys...

Painted the chassis, stripped all the paint, and prepped the parts for primer..

I don't have a camera yet to post update pics, and I've been having trouble posting pics of the ones I do have..

Keep you all posted.. ^_^

It's looking slick Sean! Do you have the wheels and tires picked out for it? That's the only update I have is that I finally nailed down the wheels and tires I'm going to use. About all I have to do now is add all of the details.

im going to be using the kit tires and wheels i just need to clean them up and detail them then they should be done! then its onto the engine and trans...then interior then its onto the body! (even though i may just clean it alittle and clear it straight plastic with no paint!)

well, no pics of my Riviera but I decided to strip the paint and modify the body a little. So far I've shaved the wipers and door handles so it will be sleeker overall, and I am modifying the rear bumper to add some exhaust outlets that are somewhat similar to what is found on the current Camaro. Hopefully it will be back in primer again tomorrow, followed by a repaint and possibly some different stripes this time around.

I did want to give a shout out to Chuck Most, who was very kind and sent me the AMT '66 Riviera glass and exhaust that I needed, hopefully I can glue them both in this next week :) Thanks again Chuck!

I did want to give a shout out to Chuck Most, who was very kind and sent me the AMT '66 Riviera glass and exhaust that I needed, hopefully I can glue them both in this next week :) Thanks again Chuck!

Just stab those things in there already! :lol:

Latest updates on the Nash

It's a curbside kit (duh) so I cut open the hood and cobbled up an engine room structure with Plastruct and a '50 Ford radiator/core support-

NASH001-vi.jpg

NASH002-vi.jpg

NASH003-vi.jpg

Rubber is via an AMT '70 Super Bee kit, and the chassis is a modified AMT '49 Merc.

Edited by Chuck Most

I'm thinking more along the lines of "Brown Trout". Not sure if I will retain the color, though.

Hey Chuck: If you hit it with some Chromallusion or some other color-shift paint, you could call it the "Rainbow Trout"! :lol::D:P

(Actually, with that body's curves, color-shift paint would look great on it!)

Edited by CorvairJim

There are a lot of nightmare builds being turned into dream cars here, excellent work, everyone!

It's time for me to jump in on this one. I've been looking for an excuse to rebuild this old 63 Chevy ever since I got it.

63Chevy02m.jpg

63Chevy04m.jpg

63Chevy03m.jpg

On to the disassembly plant!

David G.

Edited by David G.

Hey all,

Just a quick update, Borrowed the Landlord's camera and took a few pics

Primer for everything..

The Phaeton

IMG_0794.jpg

the two Town cars..

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

Anyway, just primered the topsides, and painted one of the motors..

keep you posted as I can :)

Cheers, Ian

I spent some quality time this evening on my long-delayed '65 Corvair annual rebuild. The body is just about finished now. The sheet of BMF I'm working with is pure GARBAGE! I wound up touching up the areas where it just wouldn't stick with silver paint. The interior is completed and ready to go in after the glue holding the glass in sets up. (Note to self: In the future, add the sun visors AFTER the windshield is in place! :wacko:) I got frustrated with the spark plug wires too, so it won't be wired. Oh well. I've detail painted the 1965 front plate and added a replica of the actual plate the 1:1 car had on it when I owned it on the back. Now I just need to dig up a couple of correct wheel covers from my spares, scuff up some nearly 50 year old whitewalls, and do the final assembly. I have some more photos of the progress, but I haven't had the time to put them into the computer, much less post them to my Photobucket to put them up on here. We go on vacation in a week, so hopefully I'll put in a couple of evenings on it before we go away and get it posted by then.

Found my powerplant... and to up the goodness, it's a glue bomb itself!

NASH004-vi.jpg

It's the AMC/Jeep 4.0 inline six from a Tamiya Wrangler. It's not a fantastic engine, looks more like something from a Lego playset, and I'll definitely need to come up with another trans for it, but toss on a turbo and I've got an oddball powerplant for my oddball Nash hot rod. B)